Finally ran the new 347 combo at the track

Do the gears!!!! I have the 331 setup and just changing to 4.30's I picked up 3 mph and 3 tenths on sticky tires. Plus I just tuned my car, now instead of making 373 hp to the wheels it makes over 400. Definately 11's...if I can get my belt to stay on!

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
Yes Joseph, I suck :Zip2: BTW, you going to be visiting Hofstra this year anytime soon?

I think i'm going to skip on the head work and put that money towards doing up my rear. I'm looking @ doing the ford racing 31 spline posi unit, 31 spline axles (brand?) ford racing 4.30 gears and maybe a girdle with a drain plug.

I do plan to pull the heads and swap to arp manifold/head studs and I am also going to have the lower manifold milled to match better. Just gotta figure out exactly how to measure how much I need to mill?
I was up in the area about a month ago, but I didn't stay with my friends at Hofstra. A few of my friends have apartments in Manhattan, so I stayed there and the Hofstra people came into the city. I'm thinking of going up to Hofstra for a Friday-Sunday visit, but I don't have a clue when. I'll let you know when I do.

Build the rear up and put a good tire under it. You've got the MPH to go 11.60's or so. With a good tune and a good dig, you'll be into the low 11's. I wouldn't screw with anything in the motor until you find the true potential of it.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
I was up in the area about a month ago, but I didn't stay with my friends at Hofstra. A few of my friends have apartments in Manhattan, so I stayed there and the Hofstra people came into the city. I'm thinking of going up to Hofstra for a Friday-Sunday visit, but I don't have a clue when. I'll let you know when I do.

Build the rear up and put a good tire under it. You've got the MPH to go 11.60's or so. With a good tune and a good dig, you'll be into the low 11's. I wouldn't screw with anything in the motor until you find the true potential of it.

Joe

Manhattan, huh? They must be high rollers. I did a few jobs in apartments on park ave. Big $$$ over there. Right on 55th and park, across the street from a Ferrari dealership. We wired the place up with telecom wires, phone wires, tv wires ect. We put in like 6 plasma's and all this other unnecessary crap!

Yes you are right, I do not plan on doing any more engine mods. I just plan on ding the needed supporting stuff to the rear. I do plan on pulling the heads and swapping to head/manifold studs and I might have the lower manifold milled to fit better. Between the heads being milled around .035" and the block decked to 0, the manifold doesn't line up as good.

Blueoval, maybe I should swap to a 58mm 86GT tb?

Grn92LX said:
Manhattan, huh? They must be high rollers. I did a few jobs in apartments on park ave. Big $$$ over there. Right on 55th and park, across the street from a Ferrari dealership. We wired the place up with telecom wires, phone wires, tv wires ect. We put in like 6 plasma's and all this other unnecessary crap!

Yes you are right, I do not plan on doing any more engine mods. I just plan on ding the needed supporting stuff to the rear. I do plan on pulling the heads and swapping to head/manifold studs and I might have the lower manifold milled to fit better. Between the heads being milled around .035" and the block decked to 0, the manifold doesn't line up as good.

Blueoval, maybe I should swap to a 58mm 86GT tb?
Their 'rents got a little bit. The one apartment was on 95th & 3rd. Another was 50-something and Broadway. I saw that Ferrari dealership, too!

Yeah, put a 65 on it and switch back to 1 5/8" headers. Your velocity is getting killed....:nice:

Joe