FINALLY, Saleen side scoops installed

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
California
I went to Joe at Chicane Sport Tuning, and he wouldn't install Saleen side scoops for me. He said that they're a pain in the ass and must take out the complete rear area of the car apart just to reach the screw points.

I went to a company called "US Earth Custom Coach" who normally specializes in drift cars and he said he would install them for $150. I was like "hey not bad." 5 hours into it, the guy was kinda not happy since he quoted me only $150 lol and the install took that long. I'm sure the next person to go to him for Saleen side scoop installation won't get it installed for the price I got it for :p

Picture:

View attachment 463840

• Sponsors (?)

Wow... I dunno, I know they're supposed to be on there on a Saleen but it just doesn't look right for some reason to me. I'm just smoking crack I guess. :)

$150 is a really, really low price for that job though as I hear.

You made out on the deal. Still love your car!!!

when you do side scoops, its really easy... just rip the old ones off and the new ones go on in like less than a minute.

They look good though :)

Looks good as always!! I love your car.. sooo nice looking! :drool:

But I was always lead to believe you just pop the scoops on/off. I know we did them like that at the body shop I used to work at, best body shop in town.. But if anything was broken, they went back inside and did that mess

myponyrocks said:
when you do side scoops, its really easy... just rip the old ones off and the new ones go on in like less than a minute.

They look good though :)

Saleen side scoops don't just "go on" in just a minute. It can't be glued on either, the scoops weigh almost 4 pounds with paint on them. They're heavy thick urethane and have to be screwed in with 3 holes on the back.

but thanks for the compliment :)

Seraphitia102 said:
They're heavy thick urethane and have to be screwed in with 3 holes on the back.

but thanks for the compliment :)

Doh, didn't know that, figured they were like the Bullitt scoops, only re-use 2 of the pins, and 3m tape for the front :p

At least any one else reading this will now know :hail2:

myponyrocks said:
Doh, didn't know that, figured they were like the Bullitt scoops, only re-use 2 of the pins, and 3m tape for the front :p

At least any one else reading this will now know :hail2:

I wish that were the case with Saleen side scoops! It's sad that I have to pay so much for installation for a part that I feel doesn't need to be made out of urethane. I know it's tough and durable, but I think plastic side scoops do just fine :)

Dope 97GT said:
werent the speedsters the supercharged convertibles?

What color is your car its white but doesnt look like a white that ive seen on a stang before but maybe its just the lightings and angle

Looks good:nice:

Are you serious that all speedsters are supercharged convertibles? hot damn. Well, I wanted to get a blower anyway lol. But I can't afford it just now.

My color is oxford white. I'm thinking it looks the way it does because I touched the picture up with photoshop before posting it :)

squares98 said:
IMO, your car would look 10x's better with chrome wheels.

I plan do get some 10's down the line, but regarding chrome, while they look nice, it gets a little too much attention here. I'm kinda down with the white-on-white because I often show other imports how I think white-on-white should look like :)

(I take my car to places who service Japanese drift cars for general maintenance).

looks good!!i installed my side scoops myself and it was pretty easy..you can do both in under 30mins if you've done it before..the right tools is all that is needed:) seraphita02 now you need a new hood:)