Finally Test Drove GT w/stick - WOW

Today I finally got to test drive an 05 GT w/5sp and all I can say is WOW, I'm impressed. I just sold my 95 gt vert w/5 sp and I've talked my wife into trading her PT Cruiser for an 06 GT this spring. I know we'll have to order one to get just what we want - GT with red/charcoal interior - just have to decide/agree on stick or auto, Redfire or Tungsten. :rolleyes:

She hadn't driven or even sat in a new 'stang, so today we stopped at one dealer who only have a basic V6 w/auto - so she drove that. Then we stopped at another dealer who had a GT stick. He handed me the keys and a plate and let us go for a drive, so drive we did! :hail2:

After that I feel I can live with my wife's choice of Redfire if I can have the stick! The "fun-factor" with a stick is soooooooooo much better. I had already driven a GT w/auto (convt) and thought it was acceptable, but not so after driving the GT stick!!!!

Being that we will be "sharing" the 'stang I do need to keep her happy with our choice and won't be able to do too much in the way of mods, but I will have fun with it. I'll be asking for advice on this later :D

So all we have to do is work out the details and plan our order to get delivery in late March or April. Being that we live in Michigan and not far from where Mustangs are built we can probably go watch it being built.
Just thought I'd share our thoughts and plans to be Mustang owners once again. :nice:

Brian

• Sponsors (?)

95Nelson said:
Today I finally got to test drive an 05 GT w/5sp and all I can say is WOW, I'm impressed. I just sold my 95 gt vert w/5 sp and I've talked my wife into trading her PT Cruiser for an 06 GT this spring. I know we'll have to order one to get just what we want - GT with red/charcoal interior - just have to decide/agree on stick or auto, Redfire or Tungsten. :rolleyes:

She hadn't driven or even sat in a new 'stang, so today we stopped at one dealer who only have a basic V6 w/auto - so she drove that. Then we stopped at another dealer who had a GT stick. He handed me the keys and a plate and let us go for a drive, so drive we did! :hail2:

After that I feel I can live with my wife's choice of Redfire if I can have the stick! The "fun-factor" with a stick is soooooooooo much better. I had already driven a GT w/auto (convt) and thought it was acceptable, but not so after driving the GT stick!!!!

Being that we will be "sharing" the 'stang I do need to keep her happy with our choice and won't be able to do too much in the way of mods, but I will have fun with it. I'll be asking for advice on this later :D

So all we have to do is work out the details and plan our order to get delivery in late March or April. Being that we live in Michigan and not far from where Mustangs are built we can probably go watch it being built.
Just thought I'd share our thoughts and plans to be Mustang owners once again. :nice:

Brian
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=28008&hl=

Love my Redfire!

I also love my redfire gt, but I agree w/ sams66, and in my experience silver/tungsten color is easier to keep clean. Either one is a great choice.

I went w/ a 5-speed, and I'm glad I did, but you have to enjoy driving the car. I know that sounds strange, but some people prefer to get in a car and zoom off w/ cell phone & coffee in hand. This car requires driver involvement which I really enjoy, but some people don't. I know my wife complains that I got a stick, so you better make sure the Mrs. likes rowing the boat.

I do like red, but so do the cops, so I tend to steer clear of the "ticket me" colors. I definately want it to look sharp, but not scream "Hey, Look at me!" I was also concerned that red leather IUP might not look good with Redfire ext., but I see by the post that several have that combo.

Upon further discussion with the Mrs. - she doesn't want to "row the boat" as she does like to sip her coffee and does talk on the cell sometimes, too. :shrug: So we'll be getting the Tungston with the auto trans. Of course I'll have to do a few things to make it more fun to drive. :D

I plan to have the two dealers I have talked to bid against each other for my business. I can get x-plan through my neighbor and I'll spec out with the dealers to include a compass mirror, tint back & small side windows, and paint the section between the tail lights black (matte not gloss finish). We'd also like a power moon roof, but being that Ford doesn't offer it I don't know what we may do about that. So my plan is to provide these specs to both dealers and tell them they have one shot at this - best price + what they offer for service (loaner car or shuttle service, etc.). :banana:

My only issues will be to time the order to have delivery in late March or April, and of course waiting until then for a cool car to drive. I've told the wife we have to work this out se we share it 50/50. She asked me if that meant I get it summers and she gets it for the winter... :spot:

Thanks for all of your advice!
Brian

Silver is definetly easiest to keep clean, but the torch red is simply unbelievable. Thumbs up from everyone else on the road who wishes they having as much fun. I'd go torch red and live it up - after all, you're getting a Mustang GT, not a Buick.

And, the 5spd is so easy and fun, there shouldn't really be any choice.