finally took some pics of my stang & it's new wheels!

Jun 12, 2009
florida
As some of you know from my previous post, I was planning on getting black FR500's for my stang. to make a very long story short, LMR didn't have the black FR's so they cancelled my order & asked me to call. I misunderstood the rep when I reordered & was under the impression that I ordered FR500's again only in 'Antracite' color. these LMR 10th Anniversary's are what they sent me.
I went ahead & kept them because I really needed something on the car right then. I wasn't really happy with the way they looked at first but after a few weeks of looking at them, I am starting to really like them.
what do y'all think?

• Sponsors (?)

those do not look like the FR500s i had

i do not at all like black wheels, especially on a black car. i think those look great. but please put thoe back windows down!

mine looked like these:

DSCF0487.JPG

those do not look like the FR500s i had

i do not at all like black wheels, especially on a black car. i think those look great. but please put thoe back windows down!

mine looked like these:

DSCF0487.JPG

they are LMR's SVE 10th anniversary Mustang 94-04 Wheel & Tire Kit, Sve, Bronze, 5 Lug, 17X9 & 17X10.5 at LRS - Same Day Shipping! wheels, not FR500's.

I wanted FR's but they didn't have them & it was going to be like 2-3weeks before they got them in so I decided to keep these.

about my back windows.....the motors a broken & besides, I kinda like the batmobile look:D. & I also like the keep my 9/11/01 commemortive decals showing. I have a close up pic of them but can't load anymore pics for some reason.

twice i have gotten the wrong tires from the company down the road. both times were comparable tires and prices so i took them but, not real happy that it happened. those wheels look nice on your car but was the cost? will the company make it right with you in some way?

To hell with that! I say get what you ordered. Yes, your wheels look nice and all, but the fact is it's not what you wanted so you should not settle on "their" mistake! Now if they are willing to knock off a couple hundred bucks then by all means.

I'll be ordering up some Saleen replicas soon and I'll be damned if I settle for anything else. I'll probably go out and pick them up to prevent such a mix up. Nice vert BTW.

I think those deepdish 10th anniversary wheels are 100X better then the fr500's. more unique.

I really like the grey stripes on black. very nice

Thanks! definently unique wheels. never seen them on any stangs around here.

Looks good bro. Not diggin the ford thing on the front lip though
Thanks. I don't care for the Ford lip thing either. definently taking it off when I get bumper repainted this year.

I'm really trying to figure out how anthracite fr500s can be mistaken with 10th anniversary in the ordering process.
I ordered the FR's online. LMR emailed me saying they cancelled my order due to the FR's being currently out of stock & ask me to call them. when I talked the the rep he asked if he could interest me in another style of wheel. I said no, I really want the FR's. then he asked me if I had seen the Antracite color. somewhere in there he switched from the FR500's over to SVE's but I don't remember hearing him saying SVE's.
I took a look at the FR's in Anthracite & said ok I'll go with that color. meanwhile, he had been on the SVE page & therefore filled my order with the SVE's & here we are.
nice! got any engine bay pics?
Thanks, I'll get some engine bay pic's soon. it's a little dirty under there & I really have no reason to clean it as I live on a long dirt road & it will be dirty almost instantly after cleaning:(.

twice i have gotten the wrong tires from the company down the road. both times were comparable tires and prices so i took them but, not real happy that it happened. those wheels look nice on your car but was the cost? will the company make it right with you in some way?
they cost the same as the FR's > $985 shipped w/tires mounted & balanced so it was a pretty good price & I really needed something on there that weekend & the FR's weren't due to get to there warehouse for a couple more weeks.
LMR was going to pay for the return shipping & issue me a full refund so that wasn't a problem. when I called the rep back & told him that I was going to keep them he said he obviously couldn't take them back after I had installed them but he said that if later on I decided that I still wanted the FR's to call him direct & that he would give me their rock bottom price on them which would be what they pay for them. he didn't say how much but I might take him up on that offer later on in the year but I will probably stick with these for a while. The more I look at the SVE's the more I like them because they are unique. I am actually glad they didn't have the Black FR's that I origionally ordered because I don't think I would have been 100% happy with choosing black rims. the Antracite gives a good contrast to the black car & really makes the wheels stand out.

To hell with that! I say get what you ordered. Yes, your wheels look nice and all, but the fact is it's not what you wanted so you should not settle on "their" mistake! Now if they are willing to knock off a couple hundred bucks then by all means.

I'll be ordering up some Saleen replicas soon and I'll be damned if I settle for anything else. I'll probably go out and pick them up to prevent such a mix up. Nice vert BTW.

Thanks!
see above about the company "making it right". It is possible that I just didn't hear him when he mentioned the SVE's but whatever....it's done with now. this is why I ALWAYS make my orders online & never over the phone. can't blame anyone else if I click on the wrong product.

Thanks to everyone for your input & compliments, I appreciate it!

In my humble opinion, those wheels look right at home on the car they were designed for, which was an 03 Cobra, but I'm just not feeling them on our cars. But as you said, you needed something and you had them in your hands right.

FR500's on the other hand look right at home on just about any car! Any make/model/etc.... Hell, I'd bolt a set onto my Dodge Caravan if they made a set!