Finally took the GT to the track

4u2nv said:
Nice time!
It's not listed as a mod, but you don't have a shifter yet?
hotmustang331 - I was shifting at redline on the 1-2 and with those crappy tires i had it would spin a bit. I think maybe a shift a few hundred rpm's before redline would yield better results.

4u2nv - Thats correct, no shifter yet. had to spend the money on new plugs, and a new belt tensioner and pulley. Mine had a bad bearing and sounded like ass. Next mod will be MGW STS in a few weeks.

• Sponsors (?)

Jackie Chan said:
so what if hes at a fast track...my 13.0 on street tires was with once a year weather, you dont see me posting that up :shrug:
I wasnt trying to say the track accounted for his times at all. They're impressive no matter where they happened. :nice:

it just so happened that myself and a buddy of mine were talking a few days ago, and he mentioned a certain car running a certain time at Houston. He said his father, who used to be real deep into drag racing, told him Houston has on of the faster tracks in the country. I was just curious if that was true or not. :shrug: it takes nothing away from anyones times even if it is true.

impressive times no matter what track, what weather, etc. :nice:

helty said:
I wasnt trying to say the track accounted for his times at all. They're impressive no matter where they happened. :nice:

it just so happened that myself and a buddy of mine were talking a few days ago, and he mentioned a certain car running a certain time at Houston. He said his father, who used to be real deep into drag racing, told him Houston has on of the faster tracks in the country. I was just curious if that was true or not. :shrug: it takes nothing away from anyones times even if it is true.

impressive times no matter what track, what weather, etc. :nice:
i was just kidding bro.

HoustonGT said:
Jackie, i got the Sumitomos that you used to have on your 01 Vert. Whats the best way to cut a good 60' with 'em? With the bald tires i would slip it from 2k and lay into once they FINALLY hoked
which Sumi's did you go with? I have the HTR+'s and they spin all the time :nonono: best 60' I was able to muster with them was a pathetic 2.1. That said, I only made one run with them while actually launching, and it was my 4th ever time down the track. It opens back up in a few weeks, so hopefully I can get some more experience and practice and pull some 2.0x's. Ive heard better things about the HTR-Z's. :shrug:

helty said:
which Sumi's did you go with? I have the HTR+'s and they spin all the time :nonono: best 60' I was able to muster with them was a pathetic 2.1. That said, I only made one run with them while actually launching, and it was my 4th ever time down the track. It opens back up in a few weeks, so hopefully I can get some more experience and practice and pull some 2.0x's. Ive heard better things about the HTR-Z's. :shrug:
I got the HTR- ZII's so they hook pretty damn well, especially compared to the kumhos i ran with. Im hoping for a 2.0 or a 1.9x if i'm lucky. I figure with a 1.9x 60' and a MGW STS 13.6x's are very possible

helty said:

you have the all season sumis.. the one that hooks like hell is the htr-zII.

power shiift at 5500 on the tach and you will get the mph. as far as launching its a matter of keeping the rpm in the sweet spot and getting that intial roll with the tires and then rolling into the throttle smoothly. the more gear the easier, with stock gears it takes more clutch slip to make it work

Jackie Chan said:
power shiift at 5500 on the tach and you will get the mph. as far as launching its a matter of keeping the rpm in the sweet spot and getting that intial roll with the tires and then rolling into the throttle smoothly. the more gear the easier, with stock gears it takes more clutch slip to make it work
Im afraid to powershift with the stock shifter. I just thinking that with 4.10's the car won't hook at all