Finally went 8s on the Busa!!

blackened88lx

Aug 9, 2006
Connecticut
Went to Lebanon Valley yesterday for a track rental. Didn't get as many runs in as I would have liked but I did what I wanted to do. When we first got there a guy wadded up a Ford GT pretty good down at the finish line and we had to wait an hour for them to clean up. I got 6 runs in though. I don't have my NHRA license so my plan for the day was to run 1/8th mile till I got my 60ft where I wanted it, then hammer down and go for 8s. But when I went through tech they barely even looked at the bike and didn't ask anything about a license so I went for it and they never said a word.

First pass right off the trailer, 4th pass ever on the bike, first time ever trying to go fast on it I went 9.30 @ 155 with a pretty sad 1.8 60ft and spinning the tire through 3rd.
Second and third passes it wouldn't go into 4th gear for some reason even with the air shifter but I got the 60 down to a 1.7 and I went two more 9.3s at 139 and 147.

The bike felt so stable out of the hole and didn't want to wheelie at all so I decided to launch it much harder. I gave it much more on my 4th pass but it spun the tire a little and got a 1.6 60 and went 9.05 @ 158. I was right on the edge and even the time slip guy was rooting for me like crazy.

Next pass I did a bigger burnout and got the launch down and went a 1.48 60 :nice: but ti missed 4th again :mad: and I was stuck with another 9.0 @ 147.

Final pass I rode the clutch out a little too quick and bogged to a 1.59 60. But found all the gears and here's how it went.

60ft-1.59
330-3.97
1/8-5.89 @ 128.4
1000-7.56
1/4-8.97 @ 158.6
:banana:

I was ready to back up that 1.48 60 and go an 8.70 or 80 but I noticed a cord was showing on my rear tire and that ended my day. Unfotunately I don't think I have any pics of video. :(

• Sponsors (?)

1st off congrats on running an 8 second 1/4! :nice:
Is it a stock Busa?
Thanks.
haha, not even close to stock. It's a 1543cc stroker, 16:1 comp., fully cnc ported head with oversize valves, megacycle cams, clutch, air shifter, weight reduction, etc. etc. It consistently puts down over 240rwhp and 140ft lbs. It's gone 8.70 @ 160 with the previous 225lb rider, and I'm 50lbs lighter so I should prolly be able to go .60s. But it does it all on a 190 street tire with no wheelie bar. My first pass of the day was only my 2nd time and 4th pass ever on the dragstrip though haha.
I must have missed that pass, awesome job man.
Thanks Adam. It took a few runs. One pass I'd get a good 60 and miss a gear, next pass I'd get a crappy 60 but get every gear. Finally got a decent enough 60 and it went into every gear. I think I just needed more pressure in the tank for the shifter. I know it could have went a .70 or .80 if I got another 1.4x 60. Damn tire was gone.
Yea that was a sick pass, can deff work on the 60's and go faster. There were a lot of **** talkers that shut their mouths real fast! :nice:
Yeah, took me a couple passes to get brave enough to leave the line at just about full throttle. My tail bone kills today so you can tell it was movin out! haha. That 1.48 felt ridiculous. The **** talkers with the other bikes were pretty funny. Bunch of douchebags and I ended up running faster than all of them except for the million dollar turbo busa which only had me by 2 tenths haha. I can't wait to go back with a new sticky tire.

Thanks Sam.

This is a ridiculous addiction. I can't look at the thing just sitting in the shop anymore. I know that I can just turn the key and go 8s all day without breaking, and be ready to come back the next weekend. I want it, and I want it on the street.

very nice...I'm a fan of the busa as my dad has had a couple but recently sold his 02 busa with a velocity turbo kit on it. Pansie never made it to the track though. 240 on motor is nice as well! He only made 299.9 on 11 pounds of boost granted it was in hte 90's that day. I'm a wus...i'll stay on 4 wheels lol

Thanks guys. I ordered some front turn signal assemblies and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a brake light and rear turn signals. All the wiring is still there and all the switches still work. She's gonna see a little street time this season. Should be a complete mess on the street. Blowing the tire off at over 100mph should be interesting, but fun. :nice: I hope to have it at the pike a couple times.