Finally!

Big Jay

Aug 4, 2003
Tucson, Az.
Well it finally happened. After one and a half years they finally did it. In this month's Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine I got my very own feature. As the article reads I won the feature as part of the award for the Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Editor’s Choice Award.

They did a good job on the write-up (other than getting the trap speeds with the turbo wrong) and was pleased to see the “thank you” all made it. I almost forgot what the blower combo looked like. It is rather nice.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the car ran a best of 10.96 @ 143.5 with the turbo combo. And that’s in street trim! That is with full sway bars, 17” Nitto tires front and back, 3800+ pounds.

• Sponsors (?)

:nice: another sn95..... yours is killer btw.... and i read the article etc....

we do seem to be the redheaded stepchild of the mag world...... we have to go drastic so to speak to get noticed...

I would just be happy with getting my car in the back... they'd prolly send my pics back though.....

jason

Congrats! I still have never seen the car around. I remembered all your pic threads, so I recognized your name and the car when I flipped through the mag. :nice:

So I was in the bookstore on Friday to buy some of the new MM&FFs that just hit the shelves with my car in it. I took 5 copies up to the cashier for purchase and the kid behind the counter says, "Just so you know, the mags here are not priced for resale."

???

"What would make you believe that I am going to try and resell these when the cover has a retail price on it?"

So he tells me,"No one comes in here and buys 5 of the same magazine just to keep them."

I took out my wallet, swiped my card, and then opened one mag to my article. I spun it around and pointed at the picture of me at the bottom of the page. "You would if YOU were IN the magazine."

He stood slacked for a moment then said, "Uh, cool." Some times the simplest things can make you laugh. :D

Big Jay said:
Well it finally happened. After one and a half years they finally did it. In this month's Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine I got my very own feature. As the article reads I won the feature as part of the award for the Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Editor’s Choice Award.

They did a good job on the write-up (other than getting the trap speeds with the turbo wrong) and was pleased to see the “thank you” all made it. I almost forgot what the blower combo looked like. It is rather nice.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the car ran a best of 10.96 @ 143.5 with the turbo combo. And that’s in street trim! That is with full sway bars, 17” Nitto tires front and back, 3800+ pounds.