Fire and Ice

• Sponsors (?)

65mistress said:
Sweet....
is this part of the Ferrari/Ford project that you were throwing around not to long ago?
Well...

We are going to use a lot of the ideas we were going to use for that project.

While I thought that the Ford Ferrari project was a good idea, we just could not find 10 people to tag along for the ride.

With this project, people can follow along and use any of the ideas we come up with on their projects, if they are so inclined.

Bob, give up on the Ferrari thing?

SBF bore spacing is 4.38, the 240 and 300 I6 is 4.48. I seem to recall someone at Bonneville taking a pair of SBF aluminum heads, cutting 1 cylinder off opposing ends and welding the two together for a I6.

Now a Roush Cleveland based I6 head on a 300 would look pretty cool, the 240 and 300 both have 10" decks, no substitute for cubes BABY!!!

1320stang said:
Bob, give up on the Ferrari thing?

SBF bore spacing is 4.38, the 240 and 300 I6 is 4.48. I seem to recall someone at Bonneville taking a pair of SBF aluminum heads, cutting 1 cylinder off opposing ends and welding the two together for a I6.

Now a Roush Cleveland based I6 head on a 300 would look pretty cool, the 240 and 300 both have 10" decks, no substitute for cubes BABY!!!
No I am not giving up on the Ferrari thing. I am just going to have to shelve the idea for a while. I still think it is a cool idea, but I am going to have to finish these two cars first.

I think we are going to go with the 240 (I said 244 earlier, but I miss spoke).

Actually, the engine I am looking at is a stock Ford motor, out of a stock Ford car. Five gold stars to the first to identify the car and engine.

Dang you guys are awesome. I was braggin on your car to my friend the other day. It's like I know someone who's not only cool as hell, but knows how to build a car from the ground up. With his bare hands!

Stangnet is a wonderful thing.

jikelly said:
Dang you guys are awesome. I was braggin on your car to my friend the other day. It's like I know someone who's not only cool as hell, but knows how to build a car from the ground up. With his bare hands!

Stangnet is a wonderful thing.

:D i did the same last week. its very impressive the work you do, and as everybody else im looking forward to see the success of this project. congrats

Andrew

Sicarius428 said:
How about an engine out one of the Australian Fords?
http://www.fpv.com.au/cars/f6-typhoon/enginetransmission/engine.aspx
That should get your car movin pretty damn quick if you ask me... also takes all the guesswork out of it. That is 360HP and 405TQ@2k RPM from the factory! Damn POMEs get all the cool toys.
Kevin
Ding, ding, ding, ding....

Give that boy a cigar.

I have been looking for this power plant for weeks (if not months). I talked with the folks at Clifford and anyone else who would give me the time of day, but no one knew where to find a Ford straight six with an aluminum cross flow head. I was going to add a turbo and fuel injection, etc... I was getting to my wits end when BAM, I was talking to Jeff Ford (once publisher of M&F mag, now US rep for RRS) and he told me to check out the products from down under. I followed his lead and there it was, not only a very nice straight six, but the head is more than I could have dreamed of (alum cross flow with 4 valves per cyl) and on top of that itis already turbo charged (9 lbs of boost).

I am not quite sure how I am going to actually do it, but DAMN, I just have to get my hands on one of these (the T6 and the computer management system) ASAP.

Maybe we can start a e-mail campain to FPP saying we want this engine and we want it BAD. :)

A different direction, eh? Your 'paired' cars are interesting, as that is exactly what I'm trying to do [pending sufficient time & money]. My 'vert is definitely a drag-themed car [gee, 12+" rear tires, >800 hp Procharged 408...] although it will be "one and done" anywhere it goes, as it won't "tech" for the single digit times it will be capable of.

As we have previously discussed, my interest for the 2+2 is a road-course car, although I already have a 331 stroker + KB blower for it. Perhaps not optimal from a weight distribution standpoint, but it can be capable. I remain quite interested in your chassis mods on that car. My vert will be stiff, but we're throwing a zillion pounds of steel into it; I want to be more efficient w/ the 2+2.

Aussie engines...ah...I truly love my Aussie Holden Monaro. Currently I have removed and sold the STS rear-mount turbo, and am installing a twin turbo setup that is coming out of Australia [ls1turbo.com.au]. In my discussions w/ them I have frequently complained that they get all of the good parts down under from Ford and GM. The Monaro was the first GM product I've ever owned, although in fairness it does have a North American GM engine.

Well, keep the info flowing and perhaps I will be coming along for the ride. The Ferarri idea just didn't get my juices flowing from an appearance standpoint. Performance w/ mild appearance changes is my cup of tea.

Sicarius428 said:
Any luck finding that motor? Probably have to find a wrecked car...
Kevin
We are still looking.

I can find one easy enough by going to an Australian speed shop, but I am still hoping that Ford will come through and be able to deliver a brand new engine to my door. :)

Here is a link showing a photo of the short block...

http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/short.htm

Looks pretty cool, don't it? :)

Actually, I am more impressed with the RRS rear end setup. The front suspension looks pretty good also. I am thinking about having them package up some components for me before they are painted. We will install them in the car (welded instead of bolted) and then paint the suspension mods at the same time we paint the chassis.

Here is a sketch of the proposed "cage"

Ice%20final%20struct.jpg

We will tie the front of the cage to the torque box area and the rear to the rear suspension mounting points.