Firing & Clutch Problems

Cobra3150

Jan 2, 2006
Another problem I'm having that I forgot to mention before is that once in a while my car will start to misfire alot but if I adjust the #3 plug wire, on the engine side and is fully pushed onto the plug, it will run fine. I've changed wires(Ford Motorsport 9mm and plugs(Autolite Platinums) twice now but it still does it once in a while. So far it's been alright but I'm anticipating it coming back again. Any ideas on what this could be from besides a bad batch of wires sent out from Ford?
The other problem I have but am pretty sure of is that the clutch is going. If I slow down with the engine I don't get a steady exaust note like I should. Instead, I get a sound that sounds like I'm engaging and releasing the clutch repetitively. Obviously that's not right. Anyone have any ideas besides the obvious? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

MAN

THAT SAME THING HAPPENS TO MY CAR AND I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP ND THEY TOLD ME MY SPARK PLUG WIRES KEPT COMMING OFF THAT DINT PUT THEM BACK ON GOOD...SO THEY TOOK THEM OF ND PUT THEM BACK, AND IT WORK GOOOD FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW ITS DOIN IT AGAIN SO IM THINKING THAT ITS LOOSE AGAIN....

THAT SAME THING HAPPENS TO MY CAR AND I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP ND THEY TOLD ME MY SPARK PLUG WIRES KEPT COMMING OFF THAT DINT PUT THEM BACK ON GOOD...SO THEY TOOK THEM OF ND PUT THEM BACK, AND IT WORK GOOOD FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW ITS DOIN IT AGAIN SO IM THINKING THAT ITS LOOSE AGAIN....

Yeah, I checked to make sure that all were on all the way and all checks out fine. I was told that since the boot is so close to the header that it might be arking off of it since the currant flows on around the wire and not through the center. I was also told to try some dielectric grease in the plug boot.