First case of road rash....

ganador01

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Well this is a little story about my day. It was my first case of road rash. But, then again, it wasn't that unexpected. So lemme give yall the story. I don't know if yall remember but a while back i was showing u guys pics of the motorcycle i was gonna get. Well i found a guy with a kawasaki ninja and a couple other bikes, so he let me ride his 250cc vtwin. Granted ive only rode one other motorcycle in my life and it was a 40cc street bike 1 speed. I spent like 30 minutes getting aquainted with shifting and the whole clutch thingy but i got the hang of it. So, then we go riding around. Luckily i was smart enough to bring a helment . We went to sonic and then drove about 10 miles to his girlfriends work. She works in some mini mall place. So im taking a right hand turn and i see this huge pot hole in the road so i go wide and try and go around it. But, at the slow speed i was going and the fact that there was a car in the other lane kept me from going as wide as i would have liked. I end up nicking the edge of the potholl and it knocks my steering wheel to the right and as i try to get out of my perilious situation, i stall the bike. No bueno. I end up falling towards my right and doing a nice little roll. (years of BMX have taught me how to crash correctly). Ends up i broke a blinker and scratched the exhaust pipe. I already checked the parts out on ebay and its like 125 bucks total for new pipes and blinkers. Not too bad for a wreck. But still 125 bucks more then i want to pay someone else. Afterwards we got on the highway and i was doing like 95 when i realised i should probably slow down. I am just an amateur. lol. So long story short. I rode my first real bike, crashed it, went pretty damn fast, and managed to spend 125 dollars doing it. And all of this in under 2 hours! :banana:

p.s. The weirdest part of all is that I had no trouble weaving in and out of traffic at higher speeds then i should. Then i managed to crash going like 5(edit)mph. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2Man said:
werent' we trying to talk you out of getting a bike a while bike for that reason??

I know two types of motorcycle riders those who have wrecked and those who will wreck

So now that i've wrecked, ill be fine for now on right? :banana: Thanks for the advice. Ima buy a hayabusa now that i know ill be fine. :D (sarcasm)

p.s. slow crashes hurt too...i am so sore today. i can't move my left arm. My back hurts and I'm limping. Oh well...

Stang2Man said:
all I can say is good luck and just take it easy, it's just like driving a car, you just gotta keep looking ahead, and always on alert, actually in that sense it's much worse than a car

Only thing im worried about is the fact that 90% of all motorcycle accidents are not(edit) the guy riding the motorcycles fault.

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Yep imagine this had a fatality single motorcycle on an on ramp. Going to fast for the road to handle.

I would kill myself on a busa something about going 180 on a 500 lbs machine is not welcomed in my household.

I completely worded that wrong. 90% of all motorcycle accidents are not the motorcycle drivers fault.... :bang: I should read my posts before i post them :nonono: