first cruise in new car

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
Well I got my 1996 GT on Sunday but was not able to get plates and insurance till last night. Well it rained last night so I couldnt drive it then. I have only been able to drive it around the block since I got it so I really wanted to drive it. It rained this morning but about noon it was only cloudy but hadnt rained in a couple hours so the streets were dry. So I went for my first real cruise in the car. It was awsome:D The car is so loud and draws so much attention. I love it. The only bad thing was about two miles away from home it started drissling so I had to get home fast. I ended up spending some time in the garage drying it:D I think some guy in a grand am Gt was tring to race me:nonono: He flew past me and gave me a look but I didnt bother:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I know the feeling when my parents bought me my car I did not know how to drive a 5-speed, so I had to just sit in it in the driveway. It was killing me I did not sleep for like 2 days until they tought me how to drive a stick!

Yea I have driven a few different cars with stick but this the first one I have owned. This is actually the first car I bought all by myself. I have driven a few 5.0 Mustangs and a GTO also a auto 04 Gt but this one is my favorite. It pulls the hardest. Gotta love 4.10's:D

TrueBlue03 said:
nice. my first cruise in my first stang was with my mom and i stalled it 3 or 4 times :D

HAHA I know that feeling. At Least you were in the car with your mom and not a friend:D That is the worst:D t stalling while driving with a friend in your friends car lol. I still have to get use the the shifting. Going into second the car wants me to give it lots of gas otherwise it shifts rough and jumps around. I think it is because of the 4.10's they make it just wanna go:nice:

congrats on the new car TJ! i remember my first time in the my stang. couldnt really drive a stick yet, i had just learned the week before. so i start it up and release the clutch, only to find the owner (soon to be previous owner) had left the car in gear. that was embarassing. :(
anyway, my maiden voyage was a long cruise home (Houston to Austin) with my dad. best feeling in the world.

btw, what mods are on the car?

DerekStangGT said:
congrats on the new car TJ! i remember my first time in the my stang. couldnt really drive a stick yet, i had just learned the week before. so i start it up and release the clutch, only to find the owner (soon to be previous owner) had left the car in gear. that was embarassing. :(
anyway, my maiden voyage was a long cruise home (Houston to Austin) with my dad. best feeling in the world.

btw, what mods are on the car?

This is the guy I bought it from, there is a full list of mods on there.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=795154

tjmaxx said:
The only bad thing was about two miles away from home it started drissling so I had to get home fast. I ended up spending some time in the garage drying it:D

Oh no, did you buy one that melts in the rain?

Just giving you a hard time. My first cruise was great....my first cruise after doing my exhaust was even better!

BooWFO said:
Nice start on the mods. Although the line loc kinda makes me question it a little. Either way congrats. Now go roast those tires.
that car was raced, no doubt about it. the line lock and 4.10s give it away, plus the fact that the seller has listed in his sig his race driver numbers, lol.

DerekStangGT said:
that car was raced, no doubt about it. the line lock and 4.10s give it away, plus the fact that the seller has listed in his sig his race driver numbers, lol.
Yeah, but I race and don't have a lineloc that is usually reserved for either DUMBA$$es that shouldn't be doing burnouts or people that NEED THEM.

Yeah I know it was raced but it was also taken care of. The thing is very clean. Even cleaner since I own it:D Im a clean freak, bust out the Q-tips:SNSign:

I love this car. I graduated today and so many people told me how nice my car is. Even the guys with Trans ams and GTO's and even a few ricers lol. I was driving down the road and some guy on a bike told me to light them up. But the cops dont seem to like the car I had one follow me around town already so I just pulled into a Jewel parking lot.