First Ford Mustang

DEADCELL

Apr 5, 2016
Jacksonville
I'm a die hard gm guy! Always been but one day I had this itch. Time to get a foxbody 5.0 and wow I am so happy I did! The buying experience was not fun I was lied to about the vehicle and had to drop a new motor in one day after the deal! There's a lot of new thing I'm learning about ford's really fast but it's nothing I can't handle. This car has sve upper and lower intake,BBK cold air,75mm throttle body,flow pro maf,long tube headers,struct tower brace,sub frame connectors,aluminum racing drive shaft, auburn posi rear end,3.73 gears with stanger axles,aluminum quadrant with adjustable clutch cable,b&m short throw shifter. I've put a three core aluminum radiator with dual fans new clutch kit and some glowshift guages. Today I was driving and it started to backfire and loose power so I started to check all the electrical and found a black box hooked to the tps with a red and green light on it. After I removed it The problem went away and it was like the car was reborn aging!!!! Massive power and torque!! Does anyone know what this part is????

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the site, and to the Mustang community! :)

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

We at LMR pride ourselves in our huge selection in Fox Body restoration parts, so if you ever need anything, feel free to check out our site!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!

https://lmr.com/1979-93-Mustang

Today the car started to act the same as it did when I had the throttle body monitor on.....falling on its face and Los of powerthen it started to backfire again!!!!!
I disconnect the tps and WOW with all the power aders it runs way faster??? Is it because it's running lean? Or do I need to replace that sensor???