First Mod For the Snake (Catback Exhaust)

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Kyle-02GT, Dec 20, 2004.

1. congrats, although I hope you like quiet, it wont be much louder than stock, although atleast when you get your pulley you'll be able to hear your blower whine :D

2. not one soul in this forum mentioned MAC.. most amazing sound i ever heard, and the only system that beat it on HP gains is SLP

saddens me

3. Most people feel MAC products are garbage for the most part. As for sound... that is a subjective trait and what sounds good to you may sound like ass to someone else. Please provide some independent proof that a MAC cat-back makes more HP/TQ compared to all the other setups available and maybe peoples opinions will change.

U.M.

4. And provide proof of why you thought it was necessary to bring a thread back from the dead after 2 1/2 years. With charts and graphs as well. Thank You

5. If you like Borla, Steedas exhausts are made by Borla but are cheaper. You could look at that.

I'm running MAC 3" catback with 3.5" tips. I love the way they sound. Very deep. I'm also running 2.5" dynomax o/r x pipe. Only complaint here is it's just a tad louder at WOT than I'd like. But if I put some cats back on that would be taken care of.