First mods on a bone stock GT

OK I am new to the forum but not new too mustangs. Both my dad and brother have 95 gt verts. I on the other hand decided to buy a SHO for my first car which was my first mistake seeing as how much up keep they are, even though it is decently quick for what it is, 15.32 @ 88MPH but I have decided to get a 4.6 5-speed coupe GT. Well my question is what would be some good first mods for the car (Haven't gotten it yet). I was thinking a set of PI heads and intake, full exhaust and a 3:73, other question is what kind of numbers would this car put out with these (1/4 mile and rwhp) Thanks!

Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

It is gonna be a 96-98 GT, so it wouldn't be coming with the PI heads, aren't all 4.6 and 5.4 PI heads the same? I want to go NA, since it'll be my daily driver, my only concern about 4:10's is the highway, will the top speed drop with 4:10's

P.S. is there a way to change my sn, I'll want a new one when I actually get one I just couldn't think of anything at the moment

Welcome, come on in!

I'm a newbie too. I would suggest using the search function to findout more about the gears. There has been a lot of info about gears in the past month (Probably every month). From what I've read here on this site that 4.10s are bitchin'. If you go back a few weeks they will tell you that RPMs are somewhere around 2700 for 70mph. I bet top speed in 5th will actually increase because it'll be in the powerband.

My next mod will be a shifter, I speed shift and am afaid I'll break something. 'sides 4.10s will definately mean more shifting! Pro 5.0 and steeda tri axx (sp?) are the most popular here. Some say the triax(sp?) transmits more transmission noise (probably d/t lighter aluminum handle). Biggest complaint with Pro 5.0 is the stubby handle. Both have adjustable stops and are said to be great improvements. I'm considering a Pro 5.0 from Cona(sp?) Racing, they make a steel handle for the 5.0 that resembles the shape of steeda's handle.

Lowering is great but be aware that lowering 1.5" will probably mean caster plates as well as springs, struts and of course a new alignment.

A lot of people will probably be pissed but I'd say put a blower on. Whats the point in adding 5 HP here, 5 there, a quicker shift... ect. I still have a stock exhaust, stock springs, stock everything and I kick the crap out of most cars on the road.

i would say you will get around 230-240 to the wheels if you throw in stock P.I. heads/cams. i would suggest looking on ebay for a set of P.I. heads, then a mild p/p. then go with a modmax cam package that will best suit your needs. and bullitt intake. stick with the 3.73's there an all around awesome gear! maybe go with set of longtubes, and o/r h-pipe