First mods on a bone stock GT

• Sponsors (?)

Well it looks like I'll prolly be going with the 4:10's, for the exhaust I was thinking bassani mid length headers (don't have to take them out unlike long tubes when say you have to change the clutch) with a bassani o/r x-pipe and a catback. What do you think the times would be with the 4:10, that exhaust, and a CAI? Im thinking mid 14's. My goal is to run low 13's to high 12's NA. I have this whole list of stuff to do to the car and I don't even have it yet LOL! Well the good thing is mods will be cheaper and will actually do something for the car (I hope!) unlike my SHO where everything is a ridiculous amount and you only get like 1-2 hp for something.

The best mod I did to my car so far has been the gears. So I say go with gears. Most choose 3.73s or 4.10s. I couldn't decide so I went in the middle with a set of Pro 5.0 3.90s. I love them. After that I say a nice exhaust to get that mustang growl :nice:

im in the same exact position as you firstone, but i was wondering i heard 4.10's are really great but, what would you top speed be with 4.30's? If its 120 plus i think im gonna go with that, i just dont want too run out of gear on a nice highway or 1/4 mile race.

abouttobeglue said:
id get a 99 gt 5 spd for cheap,that way you dont have to spend the$$$$$ on heads.but definitely exhaust.

I agree 100%. This way you start off 35hp ahead of the 96-98 GT's. Then gears, Steeda UD Pullies and a T/A, C&L intake and a K&N filter, exhaust, some LCA's and your running low 13's.

In the end the decision is yours.

Well I don't think its worth it to get a 99+ GT for me because first it'll be more right off the bat, second insurance will cost more, and third I don't like the 99-00 GT's, it would have to be a 2001 and those are even more expensive. I am hoping to get a mint 96-98 GT coupe 5-speed with about 60000-70000 miles for around 8000.