First Mustang

Burnhaven

Jul 14, 2015
Just bought a 2006 2D Deluxe Coupe 4.0 V6 Automatic. Seems in quite good shape. Verified the paperwork on the transmission replacement in June 2013 which was 25k miles ago -- well known local shop.
Price at 89k miles was $6700 which is below blue book from what I can see. Vin decoders show it as a two-door Deluxe Coupe. For now I'm focusing on basics like oil change, transmission drain/refill ( auto tranny ) and getting more remotes and keys ( only one of each now ). Found remote on Amazon. Going to a locksmith today for the transponder keys. The seller reported occasionally he had to try reverse twice to back it up. Haven't seen that so far.

The paint is D3 ( vin 1ZVFT80N365149975 ) which some call Torch red and some call Colorado red. Will be looking on Ebay for touch-up paint for a few tiny dings. Driver side marker reflector behind the left rear wheel is cracked.

The 4.0 V6 is similar to the engine in our 2000 Ranger but of course the mustang accelerates and handles much better. I think everything is stock so may want to improve the intake and exhaust eventually. Torch Red is ok, but might consider a forest green paint job.

• Sponsors (?)

Apparently no tranny dip stick. I saw a video on draining/refilling the transmission fluid which makes me wonder if Jiffy Lube would be able to do that -- might have to be done at the local dealership. I read somewhere Ford considers these "sealed for life" transmissions -- I can't buy that.

Only taken one photo so far. The seller mentioned that once in a while you have to shift to reverse more than once to get it into that gear, and I've noticed that. But otherwise everything seems fine. I noticed when the brakes are depressed, two bulbs in back light up on the right, and two on the left but don't think it was the same set, so someone may have fiddled with the wiring and got the bulbs in the wrong holes.

Mustang.jpg