First run at the track

rdksek844

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2001
Port St. Lucie, FL
Well i finally got the 93 to the track with a decent first run of 14.01 @ 100.29mph. Not too bad considering my 60 ft time was 2.2 sec. (no traction) and 140,000 miles on the stock motor. I did have a problem on my second run and would like some help. After my run i noticed my idle all of a sudden shot up to 3500 rpms and wont come down. Has anyone ever experienced this before? The first thing i could think of was the IAC but im not sure. If anybody has any input i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Mine did this once. I removed the IAC and found a chunk of the black rubber air intake tube in there. Once I removed the object, all was normal. Check carefully for binding, as stated above. Check the TPS. It may have rattled loose during the run. Pull codes....Check the voltage in the blk and green wire at the TPS with the key on. Should be less that .96v, cool.

Oh, very impressive times BTW. Is it a 5-speed? Look at my time in sig, 60' was 2.325. You got a few more MPH.

Well I found what it was, When my car idles after resetting the computer i noticed that it was idling @ about 1500 rpms, so i pulled back real hard on the plate the connects the butterfly to the linkage it wwent back down to 800 and idled like a dream. Then when i bumped the throttle and let off the idle came back down to about 1600. the butterfly must be sticking open just enough to cause a problem. Has anyone experienced this before? if so did you replace the bushing in the butterfly, or just replace the throttlebody?

MustangMuscleV8 said:
nice time! Hey what mods do you have?

Thanks. I was hoping to dip into the 13's but during my second run the tbody acted up. I will take it again next saturday and hopefully hit my goal. As for my mods:

Solid motor and tranny mounts, elec fan with alum radiator, 70 mm tbody, 75mm maf, 373 gears, subframe connectors, flaming river manual steering rack, caspers electronics throttle response calibrator (does make a difference),long tube hts coated headers, mac hts coated prochamber, mac pro dumps, cai, and pullies. Other than that its all stock. Intake to oil pan with 140,000 miles.

:flag:

rdksek844 said:
Thanks. I was hoping to dip into the 13's but during my second run the tbody acted up. I will take it again next saturday and hopefully hit my goal. As for my mods:

Solid motor and tranny mounts, elec fan with alum radiator, 70 mm tbody, 75mm maf, 373 gears, subframe connectors, flaming river manual steering rack, caspers electronics throttle response calibrator (does make a difference),long tube hts coated headers, mac hts coated prochamber, mac pro dumps, cai, and pullies. Other than that its all stock. Intake to oil pan with 140,000 miles.

:flag:

You'll get there. Good luck.

Hey Rdksek844, what all have you got done to your car? I know you said bonestock motor, but is the car like, off the showroom floor stock? Do you have gears? Pulleys? Exhaust? Shifter? Anything? Thanks, just curious.

Josh

yeah i have alot of basic bolt ons. they are as follows:

373 gears, 70 mm tb, 75 mm maf, elec fan, alum rad, alum ds, sf connectors, flaming river manual rack, solid motor and tranny mounts, mac hts coated long tube headers with prochamber off-road and dumps, and a busted hurst shifter.

Other than that its completely stock intake to oil pan.

rdksek844 said:
yeah i have alot of basic bolt ons. they are as follows:

373 gears, 70 mm tb, 75 mm maf, elec fan, alum rad, alum ds, sf connectors, flaming river manual rack, solid motor and tranny mounts, mac hts coated long tube headers with prochamber off-road and dumps, and a busted hurst shifter.

Other than that its completely stock intake to oil pan.
LOL,internally stock yes! Get some drag radials bro.You oviously live somewhere warm.I bought some dr yesterday but have to wait to mount them,its to dam cold!!!