First Stang Experience

Jake795

May 19, 2004
OK here's where i am. One day less than two weeks ago i bought my first mustang. Wooo Hooo! It was GREAT! Two days later it starts spitting and sputtering randomly with a sporatic miss. Well of course i did the typical things to hunt down the problem. Changed plugs, wires, and checked all over for loose hoses or wire connections. Engine ran smoother for about a day then started back up but seemed to be getting worse. Well i ended up finding a coolant leak. I read many many post on here about people with cracked intakes and i figured out that more likely than not, the crack i found was causing my miss. Well i ordered a new PI intake from summit for 199. Also ordered the PI swap kit from Randy at modular depot. Got the intake in yesterday and today i got after it and 3 hours later i now have it down as far as i can go. Now i just have to sit back and wait for my new gaskets and everything else i'm getting from Randy. Could you guys fill me in on the best ways to make the PI intake fit on a 98 stang. I've read many post about people having trouble making these intakes seal. What are some tips and tricks to making sure that i'll have no leaks and won't have to pull this intake off time and time again trying to get it sealed up without using the adapter plates.

• Sponsors (?)