First Upgrade?

Bigfoot 13

Jul 29, 2004
Colorado
I have a stock 94 GT Convertible, 5.0, Auto. I want a street drivable car, but I want to do 14's in the 1/4 mile. I'm at 5280ft. elevation, so I don't know how realistic that is, but what is a good upgrade for me? I'm not looking to spend too much money here, either.

Thanks,
David :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

I think the two things you'd feel the most would be an O/R pipe or a gear. Pipe's about $150, gear is about $300. If you do your own work, otherwise figure in the labor costs.

Well, 14's should be attainable at sea level, but at 5280 feet, you get slowed down considerably. Like adding 500 pounds, heh. I would be nervous about getting 4.10s just because I need the pulling power on the highway.

Bigfoot 13 said:
I have a stock 94 GT Convertible, 5.0, Auto. I want a street drivable car, but I want to do 14's in the 1/4 mile. I'm at 5280ft. elevation, so I don't know how realistic that is, but what is a good upgrade for me? I'm not looking to spend too much money here, either.

Thanks,
David :banana:

I would go 4.10's for an auto and new exhaust--headers, h or x pipe, catback...

2 ways you can do it....right now at that high elevation with a pig heavy convertible AND auto i'm guessing your going to run a high 15 if not a low 16 without correcting for elevation.

1. Gears and converter, i'd go 4:10 and 2600-2800 stall. Should put you in mid-high 14's even at your elevation.

2. Nitrous 100 shot will put you solidly in the 14's.

recently when i was searching the web for shift kit info i saw an article from one of the major magazines where they took a car similar to yours, advanced the timing to 14 degree's and added a transgo shift kit and it knocked 2 tenths off the 1/4 time.......granted it was still in the 15's but i believe it had stock gears still........2 tenths is 2 tenths and thats for 100 dollar investment.