Fitment question

Liftnw8ts

Dec 3, 2003
I have searched already several articles on this on here but have yet to find the answer. I have a 1993 Mustang Coupe. I just recently purchased a brand new set of Boyd Coddington Smoothie I they are 17x8 5 lug. They have a 5.125 backspace. My questions are as follows:

1. If I convert over to 5 lug will these wheels fit properly and clear the front disc brakes and rear drums?

2. Do i have enough clearance to upgrade to cobra or aftermarket disc brakes front and rear with these wheels?

3. Can i run a 285 series tire on the rear with quad shocks removed on an 8 inch rim?

Sorry to be a PIA on this the rims are brand new still in the box and wrapped in plastic. i do not want to go to the trouble and expense and find out that these wheels will not work. I know your wondering why i have them and that is a story of why you never let your wife go and buy you something. She knew i liked this style of wheels and she went and bought them for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Those wheels should clear the cobra brakes with no problem. As far as a 285, I would use a 275/40/17 only because it definatly fits. Good luck and nice wheels