Fitting a Monte Carlo Bar & Exp. brace

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if a curved Monte carlo bar will clear both an MSD billet distributor and the oblong Edelbrock breather on an Edelbrock elite valve cover ??? The breather seems to stick up quite high. Also do I just use the existing bolts (are they long enough) to fit this and to fit an export brace ?? Do I need to buy the reinforcement bit .... which fits on the firewall ??
Sorry if these seem a little lame but with the delivery here to Spain I have to get everything at the same time as it is too costly to send off for a few bolts etc. later.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes.

While the motor pictured is not a 289, the dizzy and the breather cap are in the same place.

RESTO001.jpg

The export brace bolts under the shock tower caps, and the stock hardware is good enough for this installation. It also bolts to the firewall in the same 4 spots the old shock tower braces did...with the same hardware. The reinforcing kit is not nesecarily needed. You can add it if you feel like it, but not mandatory.

The MC bar bolts into 3 stock holes the hold the spring cover on to the inside of the wheel wells. 2 additional holes will need to be drilled..sometimes you need to drill 4 because on occasion one of the 2 holes will not line up properly. (actually I think this is now the standard and not the exception). So you will need to locate additional bolts to use....if they have to look like stock bolts you might want to try ordering them at the same time, otherwise anything from the local hardware store will suffice IMO.