flat/semi-gloss black mustang pictures

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
Let's see some flat black or semi-gloss black fox mustang pictures. My 88 2.3 is looking pretty sad these days... with a green fender, blue body and lots of paint flaking off. I'd be happy if it's just all one color. I think my answer will be to paint it a semi-gloss black, as it won't take a huge amount of prep or finish work and it will be CHEAP. Maybe the John Deere Blitz Black (anyone have pictures of this specific color?). I just want to see how flat/semi gloss black looks on a mustang first.

My 88 has 05+ GT wheels (the old school 10spoke ones), a quiet single 2.5" exhaust and enough power to push me to 13.15@105 in the quarter. A flat or semigloss black shouldn't turn a lot of heads or show what's truely underneath. :D

I have to say, this corvette looks nasty:
insanecorvette3qz1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Eeek, for a purpose built car that you dont care about looks it's a good idea. But for a car you plan to cruise and want to turn heads, I think something about flat or not shiny paint just looks cheap.

There are a few guys here that have satin or flat colored cars. I assume most are just that way before paint, but they dont look horrible.

I don't much care about turning heads. I just want something that is a single color so I don't have to be embarrassed for the paint falling off and 3 different colors of body panels. If I want to turn heads, I'll open the exhaust cut out. :D

The rustoleum is a bit shiney for my taste. I've looked for pictures of this blitz black, but i haven't seen a mustang in that color yet. It's pretty much identical to that corvetter. So anyone have a picture of a fox body in this 'satin' black?

Eeek, for a purpose built car that you dont care about looks it's a good idea. But for a car you plan to cruise and want to turn heads, I think something about flat or not shiny paint just looks cheap.

There are a few guys here that have satin or flat colored cars. I assume most are just that way before paint, but they dont look horrible.

I saw this Viper at the Chicago Auto Show a couple years back:

494991416_8f21248ae1.jpg

The mix of satin and gloss was awesome. I think if you're going to do an entire car satin, the body has to be perfectly straight and the car already has to be damn good looking or the final product will probably come out as backyard-hillbilly.

I don't care what anyone personal opinion of flat/satin black cars is. That is irrelavant and has no place in here. I am considering it because it is cheap and easy. Even if you hate flat black with a passion, you have to admit it will be better than 3 different colored body panels, most with paint flaking off.

There are some excellent pictures of satin black cars, but not many mustangs yet. The rustoleum looks a bit glossy for my taste, and the 99-04 posted earlier just doesn't look good in my opinion....

So anymore mustang pictures?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm having a Cervini heat extractor hood painted "hot rod black"; that's the same as (or close to) the Corvette. The hood will be primed then sprayed with the hot rod black. I was looking for PPG DP90 which is the black primer but hod rod black gives the same look.