Flip or Remove quad shocks?

89sleeper said:
They should work just fine.

With these installed you can remove the quads completely.

That is not always the case, it depends on the car and the combination of the Control Arms. Several people can run without them yet other still need to have them. If you test your 60 foot times with and without them you might be suprized to find out you should still have them on your car.

• Sponsors (?)

Blakthorn said:
what do rack limiters do?

They do as stated above, limiting the amount you can turn your wheels. I have Part Numbers for 2 different thickness limiters, I will have to hunt them down for you. Very easy to install, just pull you inner tie rod boots off the rack and slip them in place, reinstall the boots and your good to go. Make sure when you go to flip your Quads that you know the most forward part has a Bolt coming in from the inside, dont try to loosen the nut as it is welded on there.

Shakerhood said:
That is not always the case, it depends on the car and the combination of the Control Arms. Several people can run without them yet other still need to have them. If you test your 60 foot times with and without them you might be suprized to find out you should still have them on your car.
I didn't say that was always the case. Just with these particular control arms, quads will not be needed. I have run these before and it didn't make any difference with or without the quads. So I removed them. He could leave them on flipped if he wanted to but I feel he does not have to.

89sleeper said:
I didn't say that was always the case. Just with these particular control arms, quads will not be needed. I have run these before and it didn't make any difference with or without the quads. So I removed them. He could leave them on flipped if he wanted to but I feel he does not have to.

I wasnt try to start an argument with you, but people aways seem to just say change your lower control arms and you can ditch your quads without actually having the knowledge to back it up. The quads do a great job of limiting wheelhop and keeping the axle in place. Like I said a good test is to run 60 foot times with and without them and you may see that you really do need to keep them on your car!

Almost forgot about this thread....I flipped them with my friend and the process was pretty straight forward, just make sure you have alot of WD40, it took alot of pulling and pushing to get one of those bolts out, but now that they flipped I have enough room. i took before and after pics to help anyone who needs to know what this does to help your rubbing issues, ill post soon

Here are some pics, maybe this can help others

CarRub_001.jpg

Wheel well with quad shock removed

CarRub_002.jpg

Where it used to be

CarRub_003.jpg

While the car was on the jack and the shock is flipped already you can see it still touching

CarRub_004.jpg

The actual quad shock

CarRub_005.jpg

After the car is lowered off the jack you can see the ammount of clearance gained

Thanks for everyones help before I attempted this

Attachments

• CarRub_001.jpg
    CarRub_001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 69
  • CarRub_002.jpg
    CarRub_002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 87
  • CarRub_003.jpg
    CarRub_003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 82
  • CarRub_004.jpg
    CarRub_004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 77
  • CarRub_005.jpg
    CarRub_005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 77
Blakthorn said:
Almost forgot about this thread....I flipped them with my friend and the process was pretty straight forward, just make sure you have alot of WD40, it took alot of pulling and pushing to get one of those bolts out, but now that they flipped I have enough room. i took before and after pics to help anyone who needs to know what this does to help your rubbing issues, ill post soon

Glad to hear everything worked out.