FlowKooler Conversion Disc

law

Aug 6, 2003
This is a cooling accessory offered by Summit Racing. Has anyone heard of this and does it actually work? It is only 5.95 and judging by its description it would a good cheap investment for reassurance. Here is what the description says about this product: 60 percent more coolant flow
The FlowKooler water pump conversion disc rivets to the back of a six-bladed star impeller, reducing open areas around the impeller for at least 60 percent more coolant flow. Try one before shelling out a bunch of money for a new cooling system. Basically how it works is it reduces friction? Anyways just wondered if it is worth it. Check out the pic I have included.

Attachments

• bra-3500-01_m.jpg
    bra-3500-01_m.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Sponsors (?)

flowkooler disc

I've had one in my sbf water pump for six years now. motor the pumps on now has been filled with hardblok filler up to the water pump holes in the block. I have a wide 2 core radiator with a Z-28 dual electric fan setup. with half on the water capacity gone from the block filler it does not go over 190 in the summer(90+ degrees). did the Woodward dream cruise 4 days in a row in bumper to bumper traffic from 10 mi. to Pontiac(18 miles) and it still didn't over heat. it works. I ran it with a 185 degrees stat in regular blocks with no problem at all. the current motor has a restrictor plate in place of a thermostat. in temps under 90 degrees, only 1 fan is needed. the impeller is basically a paddle wheel, by covering the openings with a disc,pumping capacity is increased.