Flowmaster 1-chambers or Dynomax Bullet?

Okay here's what I'm doing....I'm going to make a custom 3" exhaust system conisting of long tube headers which will go to a custom made H-pipe and then to some small drag mufflers, from which it will go out the side of the car just in front of the rear wheels.

Now, from what I've been looking up it seems both of these mufflers are great for drag cars, but I want some opionions on which is better (or another brand if you want to chime in). BTW, this car isn't really a street car, more of a drag car so sound isn't an issue! Also, my mods are in the sig below and I soon plan on doing H/C/I and a lot more in the far future. I also need some recommendations for some good long tubes with 1 3/4 primaries. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just jugding from your sig. You will not need 3 inch exhaust. 2.5 is plenty unless you are running boost or big cubes. Stick with the 2.5 inch.

I have the dynomax bullets and they rock. They scream at WOT. They sound better than the flowmaster 1 chamber at idle and wot. There is less drone also. I have a o/r x-pipe and MAC longtubes. I love the BULLETS.

i definetly felt more power at high rpms with the bullets. i went with 2.5 and dumps. i had 2.25 on there before and the bullets definetly opened it up and made my car run faster and sound awesome(thanks mike)

mike keirstead said:
Just jugding from your sig. You will not need 3 inch exhaust. 2.5 is plenty unless you are running boost or big cubes. Stick with the 2.5 inch.

I have the dynomax bullets and they rock. They scream at WOT. They sound better than the flowmaster 1 chamber at idle and wot. There is less drone also. I have a o/r x-pipe and MAC longtubes. I love the BULLETS.
Come on now Mikee,I got shorty headers,stock h-pipe and 3 chambered flowmasters,and I have a 2000rpm drone!!

eh...thats all bs...i thought i would to...the guy who put them on for me told i would...but when i left his shop he told me to get on it so he could hear how loud it was....and i definetly spun the tires much farther than i ever had in 1st and 2nd

I just got bullets a week ago, they sound great at idle and WOT. Ive also had 1ch flows the bullets sound way better, I didnt fell a lose of torque with the bullets. I would of never thought I would say I thinks my exhaust is too loud until I came upon the bullets, I only drive my car once a week so I can live with it.

mine felt like it lost a hair of low-end; i went straight from stock junk manifolds and turbo muffs to tri-y headers and the bullets, though

i really should get some sound clips, it sounds MEAN with 2.5", no stinkin' cats, and dumped out the side

jcp123 said:
mine felt like it lost a hair of low-end; i went straight from stock junk manifolds and turbo muffs to tri-y headers and the bullets, though

i really should get some sound clips, it sounds MEAN with 2.5", no stinkin' cats, and dumped out the side

Is your car carbed?
The EFI cars don't seem to lose power down low.
I have heard of carbed cars having their PEAK power # moved up a few hundred RPMs. So you would have the same torque at 2300 as 2000 with the old setup. But you will gain power overall.

EFI cars dont seem to lose anywhere. Only gain. That's just from my experience. I don't know why but that's the way it is.

mufflers dont add any crazy amount oof power so forget that whole mumble jumble....
now when u say "no drone" does that mean u CANT hear them when u are cruising at liek 2300 RPM? b/c the drone is that constant sound when cruising and no drone means what????? no sound? :shrug that would totally piss me off if my car didnt have any sound at cruise

Black331Stang said:
mufflers dont add any crazy amount oof power so forget that whole mumble jumble....
now when u say "no drone" does that mean u CANT hear them when u are cruising at liek 2300 RPM? b/c the drone is that constant sound when cruising and no drone means what????? no sound? :shrug that would totally piss me off if my car didnt have any sound at cruise

Drone is a different sound. It's not the exhaust itself...it is the noise the MUFFLER makes when exhaust is passing through it. That's why when I say the BULLETS have a clean sound to them, all you hear is exhaust not the muffler making a crappy noise. I can't hear my self think at cruise on the highway...it's from the exhaust coming out the muffler not the muffler making noise. I think it is caused by the exhaust churning around INSIDE the muffler before exit. The BULLETS are straight through so there is no stopping or turning.

Usually only chambered muffler make the noise. It seems that flowmaster do it the most.

I hope this explains it.

mustanggt94 said:
Okay here's what I'm doing....I'm going to make a custom 3" exhaust system conisting of long tube headers which will go to a custom made H-pipe and then to some small drag mufflers, from which it will go out the side of the car just in front of the rear wheels.

Now, from what I've been looking up it seems both of these mufflers are great for drag cars, but I want some opionions on which is better (or another brand if you want to chime in). BTW, this car isn't really a street car, more of a drag car so sound isn't an issue! Also, my mods are in the sig below and I soon plan on doing H/C/I and a lot more in the far future. I also need some recommendations for some good long tubes with 1 3/4 primaries. Thanks

Well if you decide to go with 1 chamber flowmasters, I have some for sale that are 3" inlet/outlet center to center with 3" inch turndowns. They are some loud mufflers. I'm asking $100 for both plus shipping. I've been trying to find a website to host my video clips.