flowmaster 40's for my 01 snake help!!

yz250

Jun 8, 2003
I've looked everywhere for the original flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber mufflers (NOT the catback) and they are either for 99+ GT's or 94-98 Cobra's. What the hell... Does anyone know where I can find these for my car?? THANKS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

If you are just looking to have them welded on, any exhaust shop that deals in Flowmaster should be able to order some in and weld them on for you...I think the IRS catback on the 99+ cobra's just has a 2 1/4"-2 1/2" offset/aligned inlet and outlet on the muffler...

Summit sells them too...I believe the part numbers are FLO-842444 for the 2 1/4" and FLO-842544 for the 2 1/2"...

When I called Flowmaster about where to find the 40 series for my 2001 Cobra I was advised by them that only a delta flow is available, no original since on our cars, the inlet and outlet are on the far side of the muffler whereas the original style 40 series is only made for centered inlet and outlet and left to right. I love the sound of mine, could be a bit louder but dumps will handle that for me :nice:

~Cheryl