Flowmasters and X-pipe or stick with h-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

As soon as we get decent weather/I'm not working/2nd person to film it I will do. I paid $80 for the install. To me it was not worth laying on my back with the car on jack stands fighting the bolts with no pneumatic tools. Then having to keep crawling out to check and see if the mufflers were straight or not, crawl back under and tighten the nuts.

If you have decent computer speakers or can hook the comp up to a stereo. OMG that Brenspeed clip is awesome!!!!! The whole 3 weeks mine was on backorder, everyother day or so I would call it up and:D /:drool: as I watched it at least 6 times or so!!!!! Now I look for any excuse to go out and drive. Like today in 4" of snow just to hear it!!!!!

Hmmm.... I can't decide if it's too raspy or not. Actually, after listening to a few of the other clips, thank you Brenspeed, I think it actually sounds pretty good, in comparison. It's intriguing. Kooldawg, did you take yours to an exhaust place or a dealer to do it?

you can turn off your rear O2 sensors with your tuner, or you can use MIL eliminators if you dont have a tuner. both will work.

this is an easy install, should not even need power tools to do it.

Cany anybody else pipe in on this one? Resurrected thread, but I was also about ready to do both the X pipe and the American Thunder Flowmasters. Is there anybody here who has done it, then regretted it?

I have that set up. I am running JBA long tube headers, Bassani X-pipe with high-flow cats and flowmasters. My neighbor across the street can hear me leave in the mornings. He tells me that it sounds mean.

sound choices

You know my wife hates it when i go on here...cause i was thinking of going long tube headers but since i saw those clips on the H pipe with flowmasters i am thinking of going that way first. What do these kits come with , and we have no emmissions checks yet so can i just remove them without a problem and when it does become law how easy is it to put them back into service or would i have to put the stock stuff back on?
I can get access to a lift how much trouble is it to do this job yourself.

Thanks

I paid to have my Flows and H pipe installed. I watched as both were done(seperate times). The hardest thing I saw about the H pipe install(noticed how tight it was up front while I was having my gears changed)would be getting to the top bolt for the manifold flange. It is tucked way up in there and would be near impossible without a long extension and universal. I asked the guy while he was doing my gears how much it would be to have it installed. He said $80. To me it was not worth laying on my back in the gravel fighting it for that price. I however have a bad passenger side Flowmaster now. The baffle inside it broke and the buzz is quite annoying from idle-2000 RPM. The new Flow will not be here for nearly a week. That combined with I go drag racing this Sunday resulted in me getting the stock mufflers out of storage and I swapped them in about 45 minutes. I backed my car up onto a set of ramps and I had plenty of room to work with. You will need some short wrenches to get to the top bolts on the hangers being there is not much room between the muffler and the frame. The side hanger bolts and the clamps for the mufflers are very easy to get to and remove.

You know my wife hates it when i go on here...cause i was thinking of going long tube headers but since i saw those clips on the H pipe with flowmasters i am thinking of going that way first. What do these kits come with , and we have no emmissions checks yet so can i just remove them without a problem and when it does become law how easy is it to put them back into service or would i have to put the stock stuff back on?
I can get access to a lift how much trouble is it to do this job yourself.

Thanks

they are both easy to install. the hardest part is adjusting everything once it is installed so the mufflers sit in the cutouts perfectly. for that maifold bolt kooldawg was talking about, i used a long extention--thats it. it is alot easier than it seems. i did the mufflers on the ground without lifting the car, and the H with just ramps under the front wheels.

Running around yesterday afternoon with the Pypes O/R H and stock mufflers combo and figured it is not my cup of tea. It is nowhere near as loud/borderline obnoxious as the Flows! For those out there looking for absolutely no drone and able to carry on a normal volume converstation with a passenger that combo will give it to you. Not much louder than stock(it sounds very restricted)up until 3/4 throttle, then it wakes up a good bit.