FlowsMasters Alone?

• Sponsors (?)

I have flowmasters welded in and it sounds better than the stock set up, Im not sure if it added any HP, but my flowmasters 40 with my K&N makes my GT sounds like it has bigger balls than it does :D

hognutz said:
I would just get the new stainless flows welded in you stock exhaust. then the system will be stainless instead of alumized like the catback.

I welded Series 50 3 chamber flows into my stock system. Sound great IMO. Couldn't really tell if there was any performance gain.

mcmmotorsports said:
Only thing bad I can say about it is that welded in muffs will utilize stock crimp bend pipes. More restrictive, supposedly. Who knows what the difference in HP would be between welded mufflers and whole mandrel bent systems. :shrug:
The 2.5" cat-back systems will add about 4 rwhp and up to 0.2 sec on ET over just welding mufflers to factory tubing. I have sources for this information if interested.

NewStangNewbee said:
yes intrested
This informative article discusses several cat-back kits and the table at the end shows the best ET with each.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/70.shtml

It was for a 90 LX 5.0, but I think the trends should be similar for 94 to 04 GTs.

The site seanhylandmotorsports.com used to have an outstanding article where they dyno tested numerous bolt-on mods on a 2000 GT. It looks like the article was published in the February 1999 issue of 5.0. Luckily, I printed the article.

Anyway, they dyno tested 4.2 rwhp with a Dynomax 2.5" cat-back with Ultra Flow (straight thru) mufflers.

First 2 cats are a no go. :notnice:

One of the front 02 sensors is built into the drivers side cat. Leaving the front two aren't a big deal since they are so small. The back two are pretty large cats.

You need to leave the first two to pass a visual state inspection not to mention your computer will not like that. Yea you can get an O/R H for 120 and spend a few hours putting it on. But do you want to have to take it off and put your stock exhaust on every year for inspection. People sware I have a O/R H on mine but I just tell them I cut the rear 2 cats off and show them.

Of course MIL's would eliminate the computer problem with O/R H pipe. Cut my back two off and no computer problems here. I cut the last 4 of 6 cats on my 98 and didn't have a problem either. I never did have to use the MIL's I bought for it.

:flag: