Fluidyne radiator a direct fit???

GTWayne

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
According to their web site they make a direct fit 2 core unit for the 94 with automatic transmission. My concern is that with a Vortech installed that it will not fit.

Does anyone have one with a set up like mine and was it a direct fit?
Wayne

• Sponsors (?)

Rob (94GTLaserRC), is running a Fluidyne with a Vortech, as are a few others I know. You shouldn't have any problems installing it. However I have heard of some leaking issues with the Fluidynes, and I think it was mentioned on here as well. At $300 I would make sure they worked out that issue before ordering. Otherwise I've heard nothing but good.

Fluidyne radiator a direct fit?

go.rei GT said:
Wayne, is your stang a daily driver? If so, do you experience any overheating issues running the vortech over there in Albequerque with the stock rad.?

go.rei.GT,
yes it is a daily driver. Last summer before I installed the Vortech I started having cooling problems. Managed to solve them with a 60/40 mix and redline with a new hi flow pump and radiator cleaning. Now that I've installed teh Vortech, new CHP 306 its running warmer than I'd like since the weather is getting warmer.
I'd like to keep it in the 180-195 range and its getting up to 210 and I haven't even tried the AC yet.
Looks like a call to fluidyne today and order real soon.
Wayne

Wayne, sorry OT, but my water pump just seized up, or blew up or whatever. :nonono:
Anyway, what kind of high flow pump are you running, and where did you get it? Would you say its worth it over the oe replacement?
Oh, and the Fluidynes usually drop temps here around 20*+ so you should be right in the range you want.

Joel

VibrantRedGT said:
HP creates heat and with the new motor/blower combo your due for a large radiator. I can't believe you got by this long with the stocker. I installed the Fluidyne in RC's car and it was a direct bolt on.

Vibe,
Thanks and I assume RC has a Vortech but I know his is a stick car. Do you know if there is any difference in thickness for the auto which I have to get?

I was able to get away with the stocker as long as we were having sub 35^ weather but not any more. Soon as temps got in 70s, she would get up to 205/210 range.

I ordered the Fluidyne today from ProStreet out in CA. Should be here next week.

Wayne

RC's Sig...
1st AODE/Vorteched/Hardtop to NOT go to the track!

Performance Mods
Polished Vortech SQ w/Power Pipe, Typhoon Intake, BBK 70mm TB, Pro-M 77mm, 36# Injectors, 255lph In Tank, 155lph T-Rex, MSD6BTM, MSD Coil, FMS Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73's, Steeda Springs & C/C Plates, Fluidyne, PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion TC, B&M Cooler, Romac, PBR,s TwEECer RT

Anyway, what kind of high flow pump are you running, and where did you get it? Would you say its worth it over the oe replacement?

Thanks,
Joel

go.rei GT said:
RC's Sig...
1st AODE/Vorteched/Hardtop to NOT go to the track!

Performance Mods
Polished Vortech SQ w/Power Pipe, Typhoon Intake, BBK 70mm TB, Pro-M 77mm, 36# Injectors, 255lph In Tank, 155lph T-Rex, MSD6BTM, MSD Coil, FMS Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73's, Steeda Springs & C/C Plates, Fluidyne, PA Shift Kit, PI Stallion TC, B&M Cooler, Romac, PBR,s TwEECer RT

Thanks,
Joel

Joel,
I can't remember what brand it was but since I got it at a severe discount, it was worth it. If I had to pay reg price, I'd say no just go w/OEM.
Wayne

I sent you EMAIL Wayne.

Vibe...Im offended that you said "I" installed it in RC's car, when in fact "WE" did it. REMEMBER??? You did the physical part of the install, and I handed you the tools, fetched your bear, and polished your finger prints off the chrome when you were done. :nono: How easily one forgets.

Only problem was getting the MAC hoses to line up. The stock hose or the cool flex as I have now will work fine. You will have to cut the radiator reservoir bracket an inch or 2 back.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
I sent you EMAIL Wayne.

Vibe...Im offended that you said "I" installed it in RC's car, when in fact "WE" did it. REMEMBER??? You did the physical part of the install, and I handed you the tools, fetched your bear, and polished your finger prints off the chrome when you were done. :nono: How easily one forgets.

Only problem was getting the MAC hoses to line up. The stock hose or the cool flex as I have now will work fine. You will have to cut the radiator reservoir bracket an inch or 2 back.

RC

RC,
Got the email. Thanks for all the help you've given. I ordered it yesterday and should be here late next week. From the picture, I couldn't tell where you cut the overflow tank bracket but I understand what you're saying.
I'm just glad it doesn't take major mods to get it to fit. Really want to get the temp under control. Should be ready to change the oil, cut open the filter and check the metal for size this weekend. If all looks good, one more change of reg oil before synthetic goes in (500 mi). If all goes well then on to the dyno for tuning. I'm having such a hard time keeping my foot out of it and off the boost. I've been able to restrain myself and its only seen 9psi twice during the last 100 of the 500 mi of break in. :lol:
Wayne