Flywheel install question

Just bought a fidanza aluminum flywheel with a removable counter weight. The old cast iron flywheel was removed when I pulled the engine about 2 months ago. My question is, how do I know where to put the counter weight? I thought of matching the old flywheel to the new one, then bolting the counter weight in the exact same spot where the old one has it, however it looks as if the flywheel can go on several ways, with regards to the bolt pattern. Or does it go on only one way?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The weight only goes on 1 way. It gets bolted on with the 3 supplied bolts on the back of it. Use loctite. The flywheel bolt holes are not spaced evenly, it only will go on one way, you'll figure it out easily. Have fun banging that SFI flywheel onto the crank :D I used a hammer and a block of wood. Use loctite on the dowel pins too before you bang them in.

So the counter weight will only bolt onto the flywheel one way? Cause it appears to have several mounting holes at various o'clock positions around the new flywheel. Nevermind I just tried it and it will only go on one way. Ok which weight do I use? The fidanza comes with two a large and a small...I'm guessing the large one?

No, theres a spot on the back of the flywheel with 3 bolt holes in a row. Thats where it goes. make sure you use the right weight. You use the flat head bolts for it.