flywheel

• Sponsors (?)

Getting some stuff together for my T5 swap...will this flywheel work with a late model clutch? If not, then will an early clutch work with this flywheel? Thanks in advance...

Ryan

Standard/Flywheel - Manual Transmission (789) | Flywheel - Manual Transmission | 1968 Ford Mustang 8 Cylinders J 5.0L 4BL | AutoZone.com

Hey Ryan,
That looks like the correct flywheel for your engine. When you say late model clutch, what are you asking specifically? Also, it will be most helpful for the flywheel to have the dowels loose, so, you have the option for a 10 or 10.5" clutch assy. Some mfgs will drill for both.
Good Luck! .

Getting some stuff together for my T5 swap...will this flywheel work with a late model clutch?
No. There is such a wheel, but that's not it.

If not, then will an early clutch work with this flywheel?
Yes. You will need a 65-67 bell for the 157T wheel, or a Fox-body T5 bell for 157T.

I have a Zoom Clutch that came with my t5 and i was going to use it, but its probably best to go ahead and replace it. Im not going to have a big HP engine, maybe 300 when i rebuild it. the flywheel i posted is cheaper than the one that I would have to get to make the used Zoom clutch that I have work...I guess what I need to do is get this flywheel and a replacement clutch assembly for a 68 then?

I have a Zoom Clutch that came with my t5 and i was going to use it, but its probably best to go ahead and replace it. Im not going to have a big HP engine, maybe 300 when i rebuild it. the flywheel i posted is cheaper than the one that I would have to get to make the used Zoom clutch that I have work...I guess what I need to do is get this flywheel and a replacement clutch assembly for a 68 then?

Use the one specified for the 289HP/BOSS302.

somw guy has a 10" centerforce for sale here in the for sale section for $120 shipped, it told if i would but it if it will work, that seems like a really good deal, u think so?