FMIC and radiator Question

Okay I have been searching through the forum to find this question and not finding it to my luck. I have recently become the owner of a Volvo FMIC. Now I need to purchase a new radiator right now mine finally crapped out after a quick repair... it is just time. I want to only buy a new radiator once. I have read that some have used a Volvo, Ranger, and Explorer radiator with their installs. Okay obviously the Volvo one the year is easy to guess, but what about the other two?
Then the other question is will this radiator mount in the current stock location properly while I am using the T bird IC until I can get my upper rotated and the other parts needed to properly do the FMIC?

• Sponsors (?)

I used a Ranger Radiator from an '84 V6 A/C equipped (3 core size).

Yes, it will fit w/ your progress steps you mentioned.

See my website for pics should be helpful.

I also used the Worst of the rangers, a 89 2.3 Single core. Mine has the inlets and outlets Backwards of where the mustangs are, And during the hottest days of the summer (100+) with the AC running it tends to get a little hotter then i like. It hasnt overheated, and it only really gets close with the AC on, but in hindsight i would reccomend getting a 2-3 core unit as opposed to the one i have. also pickup a better electric fan. The 16" slim fan i put on works MUCH better then the stocker. to answer your other question though, you should beable to have the IC radiator combo installed AND still run the TC intercooler. Pics of my setup are here.. http://home.insightbb.com/~dr_elusive/icinstalled/ and somplace i have better pics of the radiator and its actual installation but in some of those pics you can see how i used threaded rods to secure the rad/ic combo to the car.

Dr.