Fog Light Problem!!!!!!HELP!!!

92streetstang

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2002
Ok on my 92 GT I have one fog light the works just fine, but one doesn't always work. once in a while it will work. So yea I know the bulb is good, would a bad switch cause this?

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

yep. it will be something from the harness next to the radiator forward, as BP stated above.
i dont know how the ground situation is on stockers, as mine were yanked the first day i got the car (cant remember). if there is a ground wire on the light, really check it. a bad ground can cause your problems. or just redo the ground. piece of cake.

good luck.

i was having the same problem as you with mine with my stock foglights, one would only work once and a while so I took apart the fog light and noticed that the bulb wire that connects to the fog light housing metal was all rusted, so I sanded down the connection real good and sprayed it down with wd40, then put some dielectric grease and plugs it back in. Its worked like a champ every since. So to answer your question, its most likely the ground of the bulb itself inside your fog light lenses. Check it out.