fog light whet out

steveb24

Nov 28, 2005
wilmington, DE
so my drivers side fog light crapped out on me. is this just a bulb that went or whats normal for this. how do i get to the fog lights/ bulb. i havent really looked at it much, but can see theirs some stuff in the way. help is appreciated

btw.. my fog light went out, not whet out :)

• Sponsors (?)

Sheesh, with all of those mods in your sig, I'd think a foglight should be no problem for you :D
Unless you paid out the butt for it all, or the car came with it all.

It's pretty simple to get to, you can reach under the bumper and twist off a round cover, and the bulb is right behind it. You turn the bulb like 30 degrees, and it pops out. I'm going to bet you money that there's water in your foglight housing. My passenger bulb goes out at least once a month. I've blasted that housing out with my compressor each time, and it always fills back up eventually.

There's been writeups on how to remove the whole light assembly, and how to reseal the housing so it doesn't leak anymore, but I myself have never bothered to, as my clear fogs will eventually show up.

i just replaced my fogs with a set of clear foglights, looks so much better and so much more light output.

my stockers were both filling with water, i figured the lens was leaking, but after removing them both, i found cracks on both top and bottom of the black housing that let water seap in. it might not look like they are cracked, but they are hard to see, i had to fill them with water in the sink to see were it was leaking through at.

yea.. im sure i would figure it out.. but im lazy. i like posting up here just to get some insight, then tackle the job. also there are those common stang problems, unlike other cars, sorta how u said it goes out every month. jw about all the "other" things it could be. anyways, thanks its going to be replaced with some clears like ocubad said. i love it when things break!