Fog lights on an LX

• Sponsors (?)

The wiring is there, and believe it or not the mounting holes are probably already there too. All you need to do is source a GT foglamp switch , plug the factory wires into it, and pop it into place.

Be forewarned, though, you'll catch all kinds of hell from people who think they look like ass. See if I care ;) (see avatar)

The wiring is there, and believe it or not the mounting holes are probably already there too. All you need to do is source a GT foglamp switch , plug the factory wires into it, and pop it into place.

Be forewarned, though, you'll catch all kinds of hell from people who think they look like ass. See if I care ;) (see avatar)
F... what their talking about that looks right how you have them, that's how I kinda of wanted them being that in an LX your limited on the size and shape of your fog light.... Thankyou Sir.

SEE Mustang GT Fog Light Fix to fix the problem. The stock wiring isn't up to the job and is overheating. The headlight switch & turn/multifunction switch are affected by Ford's wiring problem. Sometimes it overheats so badly that the plastic shells of the wiring connectors start to melt. This will show you how to add a relay to the fog lights to relieve the overload on the headlight wiring.

I did mine differently, but I had to build my own wiring harness for the fog lights. This is more trouble than it is worth for most folks. I left all the wiring on the stock light switches in place and used the fog light wiring to power the relay coil. The other side of the relay coil is connected to ground. I have an inline fuse that picks up power from the battery side of the starter solenoid. It is connected to the relay contact. The other relay contact is connected to the new wiring harness I made for the fog lights.

attachment.php

The advantage of making your own fog light wiring harness is that you can run 100 watt fog light bulbs. The stock wiring harness will not use 100 watt bulbs without overloading and causing a fire.

Unless you are good at electrical wiring, have the skills and tools (crimp tool, soldering gun, heat gun for the heat shrink tubing, etc.) I recommend that you stick with the Corral method.

Are those leds or just regular lamps for your fogs?