Fog Lights vs HID Headlights

SALEEN961

Sep 3, 2010
Right now I'm looking to get better lighting for my Mustang and I'm going back and forth between getting 35watt clear lens foglights for my V6 which currently does not have any foglights, or getting a 55watt HID kit to replace my current headlights.

I'm not looking for anything flashy I just want to have good lighting that projects out far infront of the vehicle and still lights up the road to the side of my car very well. I feel that with the stock style setup I have to chose between good lighting close up and good lighting far out when I'd like to have both.

So what do you guys think, 35watt Fogs or 55watt HID's?

• Sponsors (?)

why not go with both, get the HID's for the headlights and the HID's for the foglights as well, just an idea, i know cost can play a big roll in what to get, but would work out for the lighting that you want to have.

Cost isn't a big issue but the less I spend on lighting the more I'll have left over to spend on suspension, tires, and go-fast parts; so I'd like to just get one of the two right now and if I want more lighting later on I'll pay for it when the time comes.

I'm just trying to figure out which option will have the biggest impact on lighting output, since oddly enough the costs of the two options are roughly the same, with fog lights being slightly more expensive.

then by all mean get the headlights first, best per buck buy, add fogs later, or if you don't think it's enough, as for suspesion it goes to the liking of the driver and intend use of car, being daily driver, road course, drag, or even drift, though a good road course set-up with adjustability could be tune to run in other events, and still be good for the daily drive, just my 2 cents, and sorry for off topic of lighting.