Fog lights

• Sponsors (?)

I want to try going with an aftermarket brand(like Hella), and hiding them in the stock location.
The GT lights are expensive, and the guys in the 4.6 forum are always talking about water getting into them.

03silverstang said:
sounds good do u have any pics?

no i dont, it would be nice if i did. i dont have a scanner or a digital camera. but what i did is cut holes in my blackouts (the plastic things in place of the foglight holes in the 94-98 stangs) and took my time making things a tight fit, and it looks from the factory if you didnt know anything about mustangs.

oh wow dude, i diid... the exact.... same thing, so i will post pics!
these were bought at autozone for ~20 bux and put in the stock locations where the blackouts were, (form fitted, of course!)
attachment.php

thats an older pic before i installed my chin spoiler =D
ill post an updated pic later out of interest!

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I want to try going with an aftermarket brand(like Hella), and hiding them in the stock location.
The GT lights are expensive, and the guys in the 4.6 forum are always talking about water getting into them.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea but I have yet to see non-stock mustang (99-04) that will look uniform in that fog light bay. As a matter fact the ones I see down here are fugly!!!!!!
Are the hella shaped exactly like the stock ones or would it need fitting?

Oh by the way, that one from ebay looks sweet.

Ghostalker, give us a closer shot of your fogs.

attachment.php
attachment.php

as apposed to getting the stock switch i got that which goes in place of the ashtray in the 94-98' years, since i dont smoke, i didnt need it, i also now have a much cooler lighter, its larger, made of billet aluminum and has the running pony on it =D
both are old pics...

ghostalker...my car is the same color, same body style...its kinda weird that we've done the same thing with our foglights. i just have mine pushed back a little bit further, but looks pretty close to the same as your car

yeah, i love my color, in those pics it makes it look blue, but in other light it looks green, and damn close to black at night, the only color i like better than it is that really dark midnight blue you see on some mustangs =D but mine is special because its unique to my year, good for me. :D :rlaugh:

97v6Silver said:
so it was only $20 for both lights and everything you needed to hook it all up?
well, since were such exellent technicians, my father hooked it up with me, so as i would screw it up and get electricuted. The only extra expenses would be enough wire to run through your car to the foglights and to the switch... (cheap) and the switch, witch was included with the fogs... (it lights up too! lol) and the place where the wires meat and the ground... but yeah 25-30 bux would do it... and these are bright too, if i ever wanted too i could just replace the entire harness (oh, say a rock with a vengence hits it going 70+), withough a care, because it was cheap, lol