foggy windows

crushnut

Apr 27, 2003
Oregon
When my front windshield fogs up it says MUSTANG up by the rear view mirror, does anybody elses car do this? How can i get rid of it :shrug:

Also i can never seem to get my rear windshield to defrost, ive tried all the levers in different combinations and such, but still to no avail. It just kinda bugs me, is this a common problem with our cars, or is it just me?

• Sponsors (?)

crushnut said:
When my front windshield fogs up it says MUSTANG up by the rear view mirror, does anybody elses car do this? How can i get rid of it :shrug:

Sounds like someone had a sun screen sticker on the windshield, my 65 convert did this when I bought it, I used some Tar remover on it,, and it GONE.

crushnut said:

Also i can never seem to get my rear windshield to defrost, ive tried all the levers in different combinations and such, but still to no avail. It just kinda bugs me, is this a common problem with our cars, or is it just me?

Going to a warmer thermostat, like 180 degrees, may warm up the defroster and heater some. The heater controls do not direct anything on the rear window. The effectiveness of the heater/defroster also depends upon the outside air temperature and the humidity.

I have never had my rear window fog up, at least not while going down the road. I suspect you have a moisture problem. Could be from a pin hole leak in the heater core that is pumping unwanted humidity in there, or there may be a degree of saturation along the back tray from a window leak. Heavy breather? :D

I already have a 195 thermostat, and all the ducting and hoses are new. The heater core i don't know about, always assumed it was alright. My car is a 68 coupe. It is usually when i get in the car that it is already fogged up and i can't get it unfogged, lately i've just been driving with the driver side window down a few inches, this works better at defrosting the rear window than the heater does, but even that isn't very great.

I used to have a Capri 5.0 that went through heater cores faster than most cars go through gasoline, for some reason. First sign that the heater core had sprung a leak was the sick-sweet smell and fogged windows that refused to clear without opening a window. Just a thought - sounds like you could have a leaky heater core...