Foglight Troubles after HID kit install

Hey Guys,

My wife wanted an HID kit for her pony package mustang for Christmas. When your wife asks for car parts for Christmas, you give them to her...right? I have been running HID head lights and foglights in my 94 for the last year and haven't had a single issue. When I got home tonight, I decided to install her lights for her. After wrangling with the kit for a couple of hours, I finally got the headlights in. They worked perfectly. I installed the foglight kit and...NOTHING!!! The foglight is not lighting up on the switch. It is like I have shut something off. I went back to the standard foglights and it didn't make a difference. Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, what is the solution. I checked the relay under the hood and it is fine. According to the owners manual there is not a fuse in the fuse panel for the foglights. I cannot imagine what has happened. I find it difficult to believe that the switch is bad...it worked on my way home from work today. I have not tried switching back to the regular headlights to see if that makes a difference or not. Any Ideas????:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Mustang Lover 06,

Her car is a 2006 with the Pony package. It was an HID kit that I purchased off of e-bay. I bought HID's for the headlights and the foglights. The headlights work just fine but there doesn't appear to be any power to the foglight part of the switch. I find it difficult to believe that it would be a coincidence with the switch going bad. I know that the fog lights worked on the drive home yesterday. I wish that I had pulled the fog lights on right when I got the headlights hooked up so that I would know when the problem started. I am going to remove the HID kits tonight and see where that leaves me. Thanks for your reply. Anybody else???

Hey Guys,

This is exactly why you shouldn't work on your cars when you are tired. In my sleepy stupor...flipping through the owners manual when the fog lights failed to work...I didn't notice that there is a 15 Amp fuse for them. Sure enough...I popped it. Replaced the fuse and all is well. 35W 6000K headlights and foglights (pony package grille modified to resemble a Shelby CS-6 grille) sure look good with the Vista Blue exterior.:nice: Thanks for looking and for your concern Mustanglvr 2006.