For all of us that hate the muffler placement

abouttobeglue

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2001
birmingham al
I may have a cure, check out www.sweet-thunder.com. they make chambered pipes, these should work on the 05's and get rid of that ricer look at the end. now if they just get a ducktail spoiler and realize the v6 rims look a lot better than eithe rof the gts and replace that grill with a billet grill and trash those spotlights theyd have a good looking car

• Sponsors (?)

abouttobeglue said:
I may have a cure, check out www.sweet-thunder.com. they make chambered pipes, these should work on the 05's and get rid of that ricer look at the end. now if they just get a ducktail spoiler and realize the v6 rims look a lot better than eithe rof the gts and replace that grill with a billet grill and trash those spotlights theyd have a good looking car

I fail to understand the nitpicking about the muffler placement. Almost all new cars have the muffs behind the rear axle. It's a safety issue and it's time to get over it.

TomServo92 said:
I fail to understand the nitpicking about the muffler placement. Almost all new cars have the muffs behind the rear axle. It's a safety issue and it's time to get over it.

Same here, I fail to understand what the problem is. :shrug:

I think its just the point that the stang has always had the duel pipes out the rear. And the new design kinda ruins that look. The aftermarket has kinda made replacement muffs that hide them more, so everyone should be happy :D

admdavs said:
Ditto on the Magnaflows- they look pretty nice- I do agree as well that seeing the mufflers is a definite issue Ford should have had the foresight to not include.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you can see the mufflers from behind on the new BMW M5. If they can be seen on a $90K uber-sedan, why is it such a big deal on a $25K Mustang? :shrug:

Stangnut said:
All the other cars, including the expensive ones, are that way, so it's OK for a Mustang?
THAT'S your justification?
You're kidding right?

Jason

Why should it not be a justification. It is an issue that has been identified to make the car safer. If you don't like the look of it then buy smaller mufflers. But I think Ford has already had the foresight to deal with the issue. They chose to go with the safer design. And has been said before. People need to get over it. Much like the issue of the concept not being the actuall production car.

SVTdriver said:
Why should it not be a justification. It is an issue that has been identified to make the car safer. If you don't like the look of it then buy smaller mufflers. But I think Ford has already had the foresight to deal with the issue. They chose to go with the safer design. And has been said before. People need to get over it. Much like the issue of the concept not being the actuall production car.

I never mentioned safety. The point of this thread is how they look and moreover how they look on a Mustang.
Mustang enthusiast expect more out of their beloved car.
How many companies got hate mail when they were deciding to discountinue one of their cars?
It's a Mustang. The same rules do not apply. (notice, once again I didn't mention safety)

Jason

So we should just follow the rest of the world and have cars like their's.
I don't care how expensive it is.
It's about taste.
A Lexus cost more than a Mustang, but I wouldn't have one.
Volvo. Maybe the safest car in the world, but before they made their styling changes, I wouldn't take one if it was given to me. (unless I could sell it to buy a Mustang or two)
You have your opinion. I have mine. It's as simple as that.
You don't mind your car looking like all the rest. I do.

Jason

Stangnut said:
So we should just follow the rest of the world and have cars like their's.
I don't care how expensive it is.
It's about taste.
A Lexus cost more than a Mustang, but I wouldn't have one.
Volvo. Maybe the safest car in the world, but before they made their styling changes, I wouldn't take one if it was given to me. (unless I could sell it to buy a Mustang or two)
You have your opinion. I have mine. It's as simple as that.
You don't mind your car looking like all the rest. I do.

Jason

You're missing the point completely. They're there for a reason: safety. You say you want to ignore safety but you can't because it's the reason they're in the back, for the Mustang and all other cars.

Let me understand you correctly: because the Mustang has the mufflers in the back, it looks like all the other cars in the world? Is your opinion of the Mustang that narrow that it boils to where the mufflers are located? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard but I guess if it's your opinion, go with it! :nice:

Once again you are off topic. This thread is about how they look. Not about how safe they are.
Also, if you'll go back and read the topic of this thread you'll notice YOU'RE the one who is missing the point.
This thread is directed at people who "hate the muffler placement"
Obviously you are not one of those that do.
Go find another thread.

Stangnut said:
Once again you are off topic. This thread is about how they look. Not about how safe they are.
Also, if you'll go back and read the topic of this thread you'll notice YOU'RE the one who is missing the point.
This thread is directed at people who "hate the muffler placement"
Obviously you are not one of those that do.
Go find another thread.

So we're only allowed to participate in threads in which we agree with the opinions expressed in it and all others should just leave? Right-o chief! Whatever you say!

Oh yeah...here's my opinion...I think the mufflers look just fine. :nice:

It's obvious, you like the look, or at least don't mind it.
However, if you'll read other post here and the other Mustang boards,
you'll notice MOST people don't like the mufflers and feel they would LOOK better if they weren't visible from behind the car.
I don't care where they are. I just don't want to see them.
Funny how every aftermarket muffler that has come out so far is trying to tuck them farther up into the car.
But, of course, the opinions of the rest of the Mustang fans don't matter, huh?