For all of you asking "Do I need to get C/C plates if i lower my car?"

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
YES
Picture005-2.jpg

Im ordering C/C plates Friday and Ill be getting two new tires as soon as money allows.

• Sponsors (?)

Been there done that with the probe... LOL for some odd reason... my mustang has no inner wear... just out side edge from turning sharp...

So does mine lol.

Picture004-1.jpg

And they are the cheap Sumitomo HTR Z

The same thing ill be getting. Mainly because of the outer wear. The way i drive means that the outside wears pretty fast, so Im not gonna spend $200 on one tire.

And no thats not from under inflation.

DSC00252.jpg

Its gotten a little bit worse... but this is the only weaird wear i get which could even be a bad ball joint... but i think its just from hard turning... and my tires being at like 32 psi... i upped them to 36-38 because they are a low profile tire...

It looks like it was a bit low on pressure too? They look kind of cupped..

I dont run any cc plates and am fine (did the alignment myself), but I use a steeda bumpsteer kit and x2 balljoints which help out. Everyone should get an alignment done after lowering their car, but the suspension settles for a little while too, so its good to get it rechecked, as your camber may go out of spec..

put em in the rear and finish them off. :nice: :D :nice:

I/ll try getting pics of my tires theyre lean in abit but the tires are old so they are hard and dry with cracks:D i run 40. and I have like 5 nails, 3 plugs in each tire and they never lose air. :shrug: