?for anyone with cobra brakes..

• Sponsors (?)

I put Mach 1(same as the Cobras) brakes on my 01 GT and I loved them. They are a great upgrade from stock and the are not very expensive.

When I did it, I bought the kit from stangsuspension.com and I also replaced my front lines with stainless steel braided lines. The car felt a lot better, if I where to buy another 99-04 GT I would do this upgrade.

pretty much they are a great upgrade from stock and the only downside is the spare doesnt fit anymore but i have second set of wheels/ tires anyway if i got a flat, would just need someone to bring it to me lol

pretty much they are a great upgrade from stock and the only downside is the spare doesnt fit anymore but i have second set of wheels/ tires anyway if i got a flat, would just need someone to bring it to me lol
I've done this.
Flat on front:
Jack up back - put on spare, take off good tire/wheel
Jack up front - put rear tire on front.

This is why rotatable tires are FTW even more

I've done this.
Flat on front:
Jack up back - put on spare, take off good tire/wheel
Jack up front - put rear tire on front.

This is why rotatable tires are FTW even more

lol well i guess i could try to cruise around with a 18x10 in the front? but maybe not. jk ya i guess with my current wheels i cant rotate but i have a set of 17x9 cobras that i have in the garage in case i do get a flat alittle more difficult but i sure do like the look of this size tire

Pros: Greater Stopping Ability, More Rotor Surface Area = Great Heat Dissipation (no more GT warped rotor wobble), Longer service intervals, Easy upgrade, Looks cool.

Cons: Must run 17s up front, thats about it.

The parts cost more but my service intervals doubled with the brake upgrade so I guess you could call it a wash.

I never bought the Cobra spare, but fortunately never got a flat front tire.

Pros: Addresses one of the weaknesses of Mustangs. The upgrade is absolutely worth every penny; stopping power is very evident. Even if your 'Stang has 500rwhp, what happens when 500 screaming ponies need to be stopped ;-)

Cons: Negative affect on your wallet (but outweighed by the benefits?)

Very welcomed upgrade, I'm real happy with it.

Besides the dealer, where the hell can I get some PBR pads. They stop much better then two different sets of pads I've tried. I still have a very nice set of Raybestos to throw in but so far, the PBR stock pads are ahead of the pack.

Spare tires....we don't need no stinking spare tires!!! :mad:

ag_07gt500_nospare.jpg

Attachments

• ag_07gt500_nospare.jpg
    ag_07gt500_nospare.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 48
ive diecided to get the black cobra ones. should i get the rear ones too sense my rear is coming apart (373s), also do i need to upgrade my mc to a cobra one or are they the same?