For customers and potential customers of RNH Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangonline

Feb 22, 2003
There are at least 2 people who have been waiting for engines from Rick. One of them for over 8 months and the other for about 14 months.

Rick has a good name here and there are a handful of people who attest to his integrity, so this may simply be a string of unlucky events that set Rick back a bit from his estimated 6-8 week turn around times. Regardless, I think it is important that potential new customers know that there are people waiting for engines this long.

There was another thread about this that got out of hand - so let's not trash this one. These are the simple, unbiased facts from that other thread, so to be fair, I will not add my .02 and I ask that others keep the comments civil and constructive.

If you have an engine at RNH and have been waiting for a while, shoot me a PM.

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno sometimes its good to hear both sides of the story.

I used to be very active on a certian firearm themed forum. There was a gunsmith there that was very popular. He gained quite a bit from internet word of mouth. Problem was he took more orders than he could fill. Then he lied and told half truths for about two years before the BBB and th ATF came after him. People are still waiting for money and firearms to be returned.

Thing was though when people first started speaking up they were chased off and banned. Problem was they were eventually proven as right and the board owners ended up looking like a bunch of tools.

Now I'm not saying this is related in anyway. I don't know Rick nor have I done business with him. I only know of him through his rep here. But I think it would be hasty to possible quash this without finding out if it has merit.

It is suspect that he wants PM. I'd perfer this conversation in the open. So Rick can rebut and he can judge whether this has merit or not.

You pm'd rick to ask him the situation? Your attempt to slander a memeber that you have had no personal dealings with...that's innapropriate to say the least. Budding your nose in trying to damage the reputation of a reputable builder to feel involved is nothing short of E-thuging at it's finest.

I didn't slander anyone. I just posted some facts. People have been trying to contact Rick, with no luck so far.

I hope he can come on here and help straighten this out. I agree, if I was just passing by, this is none of my business, however - I do have a vested interest in how this turns out - so I'm not just in it for nothing - believe me, I have better things to do.

DmnStr8r - The only reason I asked for a PM about it is so this thread wouldn't get out of hand...although people have blatantly started attacking me already.

I've done my best to point out a few facts - that is all. The fast is some people are still waiting for engines...and it's been a long wait.

I really thought that this site (community) was about helping eachother out. I've seen a few companies an otherwise trusted individuals get into trouble before and this is generally how the writing on the wall looks - so it's just an FYI, nothing more.

People who know me know that I try to do the right thing and help people out when I can. I don't just post to ruffle feathers and piss people off.

I've read some of Ricks posts and they are always polite and informative. I've never hear or read of anyone saying anything bad about him either - quite the contrary...all good things. In that light, I hope it all works out and I can come on here and appologize to everyone.

Id like to hear both sides of the story. I am not going to jump on either bandwagon as even "knowing" someone through a message board doesnt mean anything, but I am sure there are reasons for it, and as a professional Im sure Rick will come in here and dispell any issues without name calling or childish antics.

Those of you backing Rick up, its nice to see a board member/business owner get support, but let the two sides of the story that are involved tell it how each sees it!

Id like to hear both sides of the story. I am not going to jump on either bandwagon as even "knowing" someone through a message board doesnt mean anything, but I am sure there are reasons for it, and as a professional Im sure Rick will come in here and dispell any issues without name calling or childish antics.

Those of you backing Rick up, its nice to see a board member/business owner get support, but let the two sides of the story that are involved tell it how each sees it!

Thank you. That is all I was saying. I sincerely hope that it all works out. It's important to have this information from both sides. Just having the information available may assist someone in the future. Let's not get too far into a debate here though - that is how the last thread went downhill. Let's just leave it active and see what happens.

Ya know, this actually helped me out alot... A friend of mine got his hair cut at a place down the road, and ill be damned if they didnt make one of his sideburns an 1/8 of an inch shorter than the other side. Ive personally never got my hair cut there, but you bet your ass ill be outside of the barber shop today with a picket sign!

TAKE NO PRISIONERS!

Come on man, you are intentionally starting crap forcing rick to defend himself. If i was him, i would make sure i completely explained my personal issues with someone that has never bought a single thing from me. :rolleyes: He owes you no explination. The people that have motors coming should be the ones that start thread like this. If you have no involvement, stay out of it.

It has already been addressed and the thread was locked.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=6573640#post6573640

Stangonline has made his point and stance very clear yet refuses to let up on RNH. You have stirred the pot in yet another thread on RNH and it is continuing down the same downward non-productive spiral as the last. You are inferring that Rick's customers (potential and/or current) have something to be worried about yet I fail to see why that concerns you in the least. Rick is very much respected on the boards and in the real world. Obviously people that have had any dealings with him are going to come to his defense since they have first hand knowledge and do not appreciate your inferences. You may want to take a break from all of this as I have a feeling where this is going to lead.

I do have a stake in this, as I said above..if you bothered to read. Also, people who are waiting for motors DID start a thread about this, but it got closed as it got out of hand.

I'll tell you this. I have more vested interest in this than anyone that has replied here so far.

Fair warning:

If this turns into a witch hunt, it's getting shut down.

If it's not factual or turns into the Jerry Springer show, it's getting shut down.

If staff determines that it doesn't belong here, it's getting shut down.

Tread carefully.

It's frustrating to try to bring out an obvious, real concern in a poite and professional manner to possibly assist a mustang community, only to get smacked down. If you notice, this thread is only going downhill because most of the people who are replying are so hostile.

tun, I PMd you. Why I am interested in this really shouldn't matter - I simply ask you guys to believe me that I don't just pick up someones cause and run with it - this issue affects me.

Fair warning:

If this turns into a witch hunt, it's getting shut down.

If it's not factual or turns into the Jerry Springer show, it's getting shut down.

If staff determines that it doesn't belong here, it's getting shut down.

Tread carefully.

I appreciate you letting this one slide. I half expected you to squash it as soon as you saw it. I will keep my side civil.

It's frustrating to try to bring out an obvious, real concern in a poite and professional manner to possibly assist a mustang community, only to get smacked down. If you notice, this thread is only going downhill because most of the people who are replying are so hostile.

tun, I PMd you. Why I am interested in this really shouldn't matter - I simply ask you guys to believe me that I don't just pick up someones cause and run with it - this issue affects me.

If you've got FACT to present then isn't that what you started this thread for? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.