For guys with Roush Stangs or clones

If you have a Roush Mustang it has a number in the door right...

If you build a clone can you have it serialized by meeting a certain specification...I guess that would be the same for like a Saleen or Steeda. Does it have to be a certain number of modifications? I want a Roush but for the money I feel I can do more to my car and not have to switch cars.

I can't stand when people badge a car all up for something it is not. I am willing to spend the extra money to get the Roush parts and make it right.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

JM01 said:
No you cant...
There are only two ways of having a Roush production number:
- Buy one from a Roush Dealer
- Buy a regular mustang NEW and make the dealer send it to Roush.

Believe you're right on this. The vast majority buy them from a Roush dealer. I've heard of people buying Cobras and such and having them sent to Roush for 'Roushification' but this is not the norm.

JM01 said:
No you cant...
There are only two ways of having a Roush production number:
- Buy one from a Roush Dealer
- Buy a regular mustang NEW and make the dealer send it to Roush.

100% correct. Anyways, by the time you bought all of your Roush products (they are not cheap...trust me), I don't think you would've saved a whole lot...I think their supercharger kit is over $8K alone.
If you want a Roush...save up for a good down payment and get what you've always wanted...plus a warranty! :nice:

you can get this one for under $37,XXX
r4.jpg

call & ask for john 434 793 1112 Its new on the lot they have had it for over a year its has all the stage 3 stuff

i dont believe there is a way to indentify a real roush. if you run the vin #'s it will comeback that the car is a regular GT or v6. the only way is to have the bill of sale i guess. so if you were to take a car and put all the same roush stuff on as a roush your car would basically be just as much as a roush as their other 1- except you but yours on and they had their installed at the factory.

My car has 2 IDs on it & when I had it at the Ford lot doing some stuff it shows up that my car was sent to roush.

My guess is if you did a car fax it may show up it came from Roush.
looking at my sticker now it says sold to Roush Industries

if you want to know if a car is real or a clone just call the shop (Steeda, Roush, Saleen, etc.) and give them the VIN. Any car can try and put numbers on it but if you really need to know call the shop. For example, my car was in a wreck (previous owner) so the firewall Steeda stamp was gone. The dash plate was still there so I called up Steeda and gave them the number. Steeda then faxed me a list of all the modifications with the VIN on the sheet. I double checked the VIN and all is good.

Steeda serialized vehicles when new. Buy one at the dealer with the mods already or have it sent for the goodies.

malibugt said:
wanst it a 360r
did they change it?

Yes, they began as 360R's.....then went to the 380 (20 horsepower jump). When I asked some of The Roush Racing Team at a local event here what they did to bump the horsepower, they just shrugged. But my guess is maybe a smaller pulley, and or slightly more agressive tune........don't really know.