For The Ricers

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

oh really?

i got the Kenne Bell twin screw, injectors, fuel pump, new clutch, borla headers and catback exhaust, x pipe and 4.10 gears along with the quick throw shifter all ordered..anytime u wanna bring that 98 gt of yours lol... we'll see how she likes a "domestic ricer"

mwhite29 said:
oh really?

i got the Kenne Bell twin screw, injectors, fuel pump, new clutch, borla headers and catback exhaust, x pipe and 4.10 gears along with the quick throw shifter all ordered..anytime u wanna bring that 98 gt of yours lol... we'll see how she likes a "domestic ricer"
sure you do :rolleyes:

i expected that as i wrote it.. and i woulda said the same thing if someone else wrote it to... but i also realized this is an internet msg board so it doesnt matter who actually believes you or not lol.

nothing wrong with 4.10's on a KB car as long as those tires are sticky as all hell and taller than stock for the track.

The reason many on here go with 3.73's with a KB is becuase the KB produces a lot of power down low, so with street tires all your going to do is light them up. Plus with the stock height tire you will run out of gear at the track.

Now put some slightly taller than stock slicks on the 4.10 KB car and it will be a BEAST.. but on street tries you will not hook up untill 3rd atleast.

So it depends on what you care about. IF you are hitting the track on slicks then go 4.10's if you plan on driving around on low profile street tires then go 3.73 or even 3.55's

Personally I would go 15 inch draglites ( skinnies for the front) with a slightly taller drag radial for the street and slicks for the track, 4.10's and get some fox body 4 banger springs for the the front and fox body 5.0 springs for the rear. loose the sway bars and go with drag shocks and struts. That thing would OWN at the track.

I can't wait.. Little less than a year and I can start building a setup like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.