For those looking for an adjustable fan controller.....

I just installed a programmable Spal fan controller on my car. I knew Spal makes some high end fan setups, so I thought I would give their controller a whirl.
Just some random observations.......

1) Readily available (bought for $70 new off of ebay)
2) Install is extremely easy even for someone who is electrically stupid like myself it only took me approximately 45 minutes and a few scotch locks. Can be used with single/dual fan setups, with or without AC, with a factory or Spal brand temperature sender.
3) Fully programmable (adjustable low temp on/high temp on) factory presets are 160 on low 180 on high (when AC is on it turns on high)
4) very small controller--about the size of a couple decs of cards.

I couldn't be happier. Now to see if it lasts......

• Sponsors (?)

I installed one too, it didn't last very long but I used it on my cougar which was used during winter so the unit isn't as weather proof as they want it to be. But while it worked, it was great. If I buy another one it's going inside the cab.

I installed one of these last year also, mounted it low and I'm sure it has been soaked a few times as I DO drive in the rain (put up for winter though)... I really like the controller, did not know that it resets if you unhook the battery though, I'll have to be more careful about that

Just keep an eye on the connections. I am not one to shy away from decent crimps (I've seem crimped connections that look better than some folks' soldered versions) but in my experience, solderless connectors have a limited lifespan under a hood (heat and vibration get to them).

You might be fine for some time but if something gets funky, I'd check the connectors first.

Enjoy the new controller. :nice: