for those who have subs....

yea some people have some rediculously loud systems, and like darkwriter77 said after a point, sound and crispness just becomes noise...a friend of mine has 4 amps, not sure of the power, and like 3 15" subs, 12,000W

I rode in it once and left with a damn headache:nonono:

His rearview mirror fell off, his doors now dont align, and it is just OVERKILL lol:(

• Sponsors (?)

finally found a pic of my old system. it sounded great, if you like loud. i had so many equalizers and options throughout my system, my 4 subs put out nothing but LOUD, clean bass, while all my interior speakers (Infinity) were crisp and clear. probably the best system i've ever heard in person. but it is no longer my taste, and i ditched it all.
in the pic, you can't see, but te box under the amps is angled up, and there are another 2 12" subs facing forward as well as the two you see in the pic. in case you don't know, the tube in the middle is a capacitor, which you will definately need if you go with a big system.

2591090_13_full.jpg

i like loud bass but don't like heavy boxes. in my 03 BMW i purchased some 8" JL stealth pods for the rear deck, clean crisp bass with no extra weight. however i like obnoxiously loud bass in big old cars and SUV's. Mustangs however :notnice:

1 12'' Diamond CM3 here. Run it @ 2 ohms, off a R.Fosgate D class (1 channel) amp at 300 watts (@2 ohms). Sounds awesome, it's in a ported box, and I just love it. It can thump with the rap I listen to occasionally, but it also goes along well with all my rock, which is what I listen to the most (From Van Halen to Breaking Benjamin to Reel Big Fish).

Don't cheap out. You get what you pay for. The box and sub "match" is key for good sound, as well as the proper amplifier (and quality of the amp as well).