For you electrical guys.

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't need to mess with the battery cable or tee off for the sending unit. But the bolt on my negative battery cable I think was 7 mm

Assuming your oil filter neck has the extra port near the original oil pressure sensor just use that one. There's pictures of that setup all over this forum.

If you have the extra port, then the original factory gauge will still work. If there's only one, then you would have to tee it off to keep the factory gauge working.

I don't know what year your car is, but on my 2001 I had the extra port on the filter neck. I removed the plug with a hex key ( I don't remember what size ) and put the sender in there. There was only one wire for the sender and that goes to the gauge in the cockpit. I ran that wire through the fire wall and up into the a pillar

I have a 2000 gt, do you think its there. The hex screw on the side of the oil filter that is. I'm thinking I am going to wire the stock pressure sender to the electrical gauge and back to the car. Let me know if this not going to work, anybody?

The 1999-2000 Windsor motors do not have an extra oil pressure port on the oil filter adapter.

For the Windsor motors either add an external tee (not easy as likely to interfere with the block/pan), remove the factory sender, or switch to a Romeo style oil filter adapter.

If switching adapters, the oil pressure sending wire will not reach. Expect some rework to make it fit (may have to split the harness and pull the wire back).

As for your plan to re-use the electrical wire. The factory oil pressure circuit is a simple ON/OFF circuit. If grounded, the pressure is OK. I don't see how you can re-use it for an after market oil pressure system.

Now, you could create an interface for the factory unit. For example, have the after market unit close a contact when the pressure is OK. This would simulate the function of the factory switch and restore basic dash function.

Disconnecting the factory oil pressure sender will not throw a DTC. It will make the warning light stay on all of the time. You could ground the wire which will make it show good oil pressure all of the time.

The problem is you can't get the starter wiring harness out of the way? There are two different mounting locations for that bracket. One is a double stud on the front timing cover. It may help to remove the acc belt to access the bolt holding the bracket on.

The other is on the bracket itself. Self tapping bolt should be easy to remove.

My bad, WMburns, its the battery cable, its looks to be a rusted screw, I'm thinking I am going to ditch the stock oil switch and put a mechanical one in, could you tell me how to get threw the firewall on the drivers side? Thats the only thing keepin' me from my oil gauge. That and weather.

Ok, for 2000-01 gt Windsor engine guys, your oil pressure gauge install is going to be slightly different then the Romeo's. Like WmBurns stated there is no extra place on the side for an easier install. The battery cable/starter cable is in the way, so a T plus an extension is out the answer if don't remove this cable. If you like me and want everything functioning, your going to have to T it off.
Every pipe adapter needed is a 1/4 inch npt, Female and male, make sure you use the white plumbers tape on the threads, w/o it leaks will occur. You will need, one elbow, one side female one side male, coming from the place where the oil switch was, comin from the elbow, one straight pipe fitting both sides are male, then the T fitting, all sides female, only then you will be able to clear the cable and oil filter to tighten, your sender must be pointed torwards the ground, no other way to fit it in there, your switch pointed torwards the left fender. Your oil switch wire is going to be stretched to its maxium length when you connect it again. You can use, if you must1/4x1 1/2 inch npt but, w/all that oil its going to be hard to thread but, it will go, the threading is tapered, so it will accept both fittings. I went threw the passenger side firewall, didn't feel like fiddling w/my clutch cable for just a wire from my electrical sender. Out of all the gauges, this is the toughest, IMO. There is a pipe going to somewhere, i havn't yet figured it out but, its right by where my oil sender should be, you will want to use some plastic ties to tie it to the the pipe/tube. The fittings are going to be a little lose, no matter how hard you try to tighten, b/c of the oil, so this step is neccesary.