For you guys with Automatics...

If any of you have done any trans mods on a 94-95 slushbox, what mods are you doing? What stall and brand conv.'s. Any valve bodies out there to be had. Im not looking for full race type stuff,just better performance type parts that wills ee some casual strip duty. Let me know,

Thanks
Vince

• Sponsors (?)

I'm planning a tranny overhaul using the SKU121 super master rebuild kit together with a Transgo shift kit installation. The torque converter will remain stock for now but when it's time to do the H/C/I modification, I'll probably go for a 3000rpm Edge torque converter.

Thanks reddy that will be a great help as the Stang im looking at is a 85 with a slushbox. Of course i would prefer a 5spd but a swap can always be done...or i could mod the AODE. If i DO get this Stang it will be my 6th and my FIRST with a overdrive automatic.

Is it an 85 with an AODE and computer from a later model car? The AODE's didn't show up into '94 on the Mustangs - before that it was all AOD's.

Wes

I have a 95 AODE GT. The following mods:
Edge 3,000 stall converter
Performance Automatic manual valve body/transbrake
The rest of the insides of the tranny is bone stock.
Ran high 12s with stock cam, Cobra intake and GT40 heads, bolt ons and 4.10s.

Converter and valve body turns the AODE into a stick car killer!

cool thanks FordKid..thats basically what im lokoing for a street car set-up. This will be my first automatic car in years...my Lightning was a automatic ofcourse..but thats an totally different animal. How does that conv. and valve body do on the street/highway...in everyday driving?

cool thanks FordKid..thats basically what im lokoing for a street car set-up. This will be my first automatic car in years...my Lightning was a automatic ofcourse..but thats an totally different animal. How does that conv. and valve body do on the street/highway...in everyday driving?

I enjoy driving it. To me it does just fine. You still get the fun of shifting, but without having to constantly work the clutch pedal.