Ford Diablo Chip

rayvinton

Nov 7, 2007
i recently bought a chip from socal tuning and i am having an issue when i install the chip i cleaned all the connecters and cleaned them again but i am still getting the same result theft light flashes, fans stay on and odometer reads -------- . any idea from anybody thanks for the info

• Sponsors (?)

I've never installed a chip on a mustang, but i've done my other car.
i'll try and help the best way i can until someone chimes in..i hate messing with ECUs, it makes my heart beat.

To me, it sounds like you didn't put the chip in right.. If it's anything like my old car, and pretty much if its anything like any computer chip, i think the chip should have a tiny little notch on it that needs to be facing the tiny barley noticable indent on the ECU.

Also are the pins on the chip straight?

did you try putting the old chip back in and see if the car starts?

Did you ground yourself before you touched the inside of the ECM?

The chip is just a piggy back that attaches to the port on the top of the ECU. I have the same chip in mine. You do have to unplug the battery to install the chip and its a good idea to discharge the caps. If you just remove the negative you can tap it to the positive and will be alright. Some people a very nervous about doing that so if you just let it sit for a few min and tap the break pedal that will also drain and residual power. You MAY have dammaged the chip by installing it with power to the computer :shrug:

i tried the disconnecting the battery but still nothing shawn said he was going to send me another chip so hopefully this one will work and i will do everthing that you guys said and then do it again just to make sure all the power is gone but i do appreciate all the help and i will be back on as soon as i get it and install it

ray

just an update i got my chip from shawn at socal tuning. He sent me a new chip and let me tell you what i can definitly feel the differance money well spent. now i just need to get on the dyno.